chapter 9

00:00 Seoul, South Korea 37.5665° N, 126.9780° E

After he had left Lay and Sehun to check in the information at sub-level three, D.O had headed straight to K's office after being told by a fellow agent that he had been summoned by none other than K. Blackpink's calling card was practically burning a hole in his pocket and he needed answers. He would have much rather not have been summoned. He had a mission to complete, but a summons, was a summons and he could not refuse this one. D.O stopped before the polished metal door in front of him, quickly striking the surface three times.

K was the head of the agency, and practically a legend among the agents. No one had actually seen K's actual face, nor had they ever physically encountered him. D.O was one of the few capable of even speaking to K, but even he had never seen the man before.

"Come in."

D.O pushed the door open and was greeted by an open laptop set on a large oak wood desk. Beside the desk was an empty oak chair. On the screen of the laptop was a man, seated in shadows that hid his face.

"Ah, agent D.O. I wasn't expecting you." Came the distorted voice.

D.O almost snorted. He straightened his suit coat before taking a seat in front of the laptop.

"Lying like that is rather unbecoming of you, sir."

K's laughter was almost chilling due to the voice distortion of the video.

"True. I was expecting you because I wished to speak with you. I have a new mission for you and your team."

"Sir, we are still in the middle of a mission, we can't possibly--."

D.O's rejection had been halted by K's gloved hand. He pursed his lips in great displeasure. The idea of doubling up on missions was ridiculous to him. The missions would not be completed properly. Focus would be divided and that meant someone would die.

"I understand you have a mission. As of now, you and your team are no longer working on that assignment. I want you on a new one. This one is of greater importance to the agency right now."

"I'm listening sir."

"Good." K nodded. "There is a file under the laptop. It has information on your new mission, as well as your new teammates."

D.O stopped cold at K's words.

New teammates?

"Sir, I have worked with agent Lay for long time, and agent Sehun is fairly new to our team. Leaving them now would be incredibly unfair to them."

K chuckled. "Your new teammates in addition to agents Lay and Sehun. Your objective is to retrieve a diamond. The Aetherius Aurora. It was stolen by Blackpink."

D.O calmly opened the file. "Blackpink killed our lead, Park Haeil. And they are also wanted for this diamond? What are they planning?"

K tapped his fingers on the desk. "Figure it out for me. The other team you are working with is lead by agent Xiumin. They are currently in Paris gathering evidence on Blackpink."

D.O nodded. He knew agent Xiumin. The other man had been at the agency before him, and they had both cleared the recruitment exams together. He respected him.

"I want to ask you for another favor."

"Yes sir?"

K leaned forward in the screen, just enough so that his face remained hidden.

"There is an agent within the file named Kai. He hasn't been tested."

D.O stopped and stared hard at the information sheet in front of him.