chapter 4

13:00 Paris, France 48.8566° N, 2.3522° E

Kai drummed his fingers on his suitcase as he waited for Baekhyun to finish showering in the hotel bathroom.

They had made it from Barcelona to Paris pretty easily. The flight had been around two hours, which was good for him. He couldn't stand the cramped spaces on the airplanes.

Kai stopped his drumming and turned to the files Xiumin had handed each of them after their arrival at the hotel. It was a detailed profile on each Blackpink member. It listed everything from their real names to their specialties and past operations.

He found himself thoroughly impressed with every member. Jisoo Kim was the socialite and fixer of the group. She got her team into high end places with high profile people and was a sweet talker. Most of her crimes were con jobs, but grand ones. She had even talked her way into Buckingham Palace and tricked a member of the royal family into letting her try on one of their most valuable pieces, before disappearing with it. She must have been the one to get them close to the president of the BNP Paribas SA bank.

Jennie Kim had a series of robberies in her file. Everything from pickpocketing to breaking and entering to home invasions. She was well trained in martial arts and other forms of hand to hand combat. She had weapons training too. There wasn't much else in her file, which was worrying to Kai. It meant she probably had done some other seriously covert operations that even their agency didn't know about. In one word, she was dangerous.

Rosé Park was the team's tech ace. She was wanted for hacking into several top international government intelligence agencies, the United States Pentagon included. She also had a record in hacking well known international banks and syphoning money to untraceable accounts. Rosé also had once been part of a business in counterfeits. Money, artwork, official documents, passports, even birth certificates and death certificates. Rosé was probably the one responsible for the security blackout at the BNP Paribas SA bank.

Lisa Manoban was Blackpink's youngest member. The pretty face was not to be taken as innocent. Lisa grew up in gambling rings. All the way from working in them, to playing in them, to owning them. She had given up her business, when she had joined Blackpink. Lisa was trained in hand to hand combat, like Jennie, but had better skills in weaponry. Everything from knives and brass knuckles to rifles and rocket launchers, Lisa knew how to use. She also had a track record with chemicals. Specifically chemicals that were poisonous to ingest. In a casio in L.A. Lisa had poisoned the drinks of many buyers during an auction in order to steal a set of jade daggers, belonging to the Shang dynasty of China. Luckily, the buyers at the auction weren't killed and merely put to sleep. This was a great mercy considering what Lisa could have done.

Kai closed the file, setting it beside his phone on the small desk. This mission was a serious one, not unlike the missions they had been on before. There was one thing that bothered him, it was that this time it was a team against a team. Blackpink was well trained and organized. The group of women appeared to have a strong bond, one that couldn't be broken. Years of working together had gotten them success, and he doubted anything could break that.

"Thinking?"

Kai turned and was greeted with a smiling and very, very naked Byun Baekhyun.

"Whoa, what the hell man?!" Kai yelped as he covered his eyes with the file. "Throw a towel on!"

"Relax, we're all men here. We're all a team."

"That doesn't mean I want to see you the way your mother did."

"My mother has never seen me like this."

"You know what I fucking mean. Put on a damn towel. Clothes. Something!"