Sentimental object

I looked in my room for something with sentimental value. Let me just say that, it was hard to find one. The picture above was taken by me. Let me know if you can find another one of these :]

I am not one to give objects sentiment because they are things that stay when one goes away . Also, most objects can be replaced. I don't like attaching myself to objects, emotionally. This object though, is one of a kind. It has sentimental value to me and my mother's family. It is a miniature car's wheel, designed to be a clock; it is no bigger than 6 inches (15.24 centimeters); the stand is rusty and most of the numbers and lines inside on its face, have faded; furthermore, it's got only one hand left: the short hand. It was handed to me by my uncle, one day when I visited my grandfather's old wooden house in Dominican Republic. This clock once belonged to my mom's dad, my grandfather. I never met him--or most of my grandparents for that matter--because he passed away when my mom was only 8 years old. He had a strong name: Maximiliano. What makes this object have sentiment of some sort is: the thought that my grandfather once held this clock, brings out his presence in a way. This clock might not have held any sentimental value to him. It was probably something he used on a regular basis to read time. I like to remain skeptical though because, what if it did mean something to him? But it is a fact that it stayed when he passed away. I have nothing else to remember him by other than this clock and a black-and-white photograph taken decades ago. That is why, this object is an exception to my belief, that object shouldn't have sentimental value.