Personal Monologue

Well, I wrote this personal monologue and presented it to my theater class. There weren't that many in that class, only like 5 students and the teacher. I shared the monologue with some of my close friends because I was curious as to what their reactions would be. I don't know why but, not that I was offended in any way, they saw it as depressing. I don't really see it that way. for me it is a personified representation of how I felt and how I perceived others. I don't really feel that way anymore. This is exactly what I wrote. Let me know what you think...

 Hi! Who am I? I know who I am, but do you? Yes, yes I know it's something you won't reach out for because you are busy judging the cover. It's an instinct! I don't blame you. In a quick glance, you can tell a lot about something, someone. Whether to approach them or not. If they are happy or angry. I know the way most see my cover. Stern, husky, reserved. You think my pages will slash fingers, or not. I'm a dusty book for as you first see me, you won't read me do to my rough cover. Like an encyclopedia!

 My pages are soft and delicate but not easy to break. Some are bent and others are slightly torn. I have missing pages, blank ones as well. My written words have errors. There are plenty that are highlighted like beautiful moments that replay; The ones to remember. Parts of the stories have faded. Some are hard to read. Those empty pages become new stories. Every day, week, month, year. My cover keeps stretching, trying to hold in many stories. It has scars and stains as well. There are story pages I want to rip off me. Mistakes pile on up. But the lessons run through all my pages. I keep growing as time keeps passing. Growing on knowledge and truths.

Wonder what my pages contain. What lies beneath that mask. Those who skip through my pages only see the endings with no explanation. No truths. Others use me and pick me up just to fill in the blanks. My plot is a mess. But my tales are entertaining and beautiful. There are many of them I want to say. But they became shadows of my cover. The characters in them shape me as do I shape them. The antagonist are many. The settings change constantly. But let me tell ya something. I'm no ordinary book. Those who read me notice that my pages are filled with many different stories. All those stories that make me grow. All those stories change me, but the stories don't change.

My pages are filled with adventures and twists... Jokes, mystery, dreams, as well as sad stories and bad moments that are just times that are bad. But I need them in my pages because without them I won't be who I am. I would make you laugh, cry, smile, jump, dare... Those who read me, know me, become part of my stories.

I am creative, curious and joyful as well as many other things. I love sharing my stories. I have so many ideas and things to share. But my cover mis-represents me.