c h a p t e r f i v e

"I don't know. You choose," Colby offered, fixing his hair. We were laid on my bed, and we were gonna watch a movie. We just couldn't decide what movie to watch.
"Uh... Beetlejuice?" I asked.
"Sure," he grinned, leaning back onto the headboard.

We were about 3/4 of the way into the film, when Colby fell asleep, his head falling straight into my lap.
"Fuck, sorry," he groaned, stifling a yawn. The jolt of falling must've woken him up.
"You can stay there if you want," I mumbled as he struggled to sit back up.
"Thanks," he giggled, laying his head back on my lap. I grinned stupidly and looked back up at the screen, looking at Colby in my peripheral vision. I saw him struggling to keep his eyes open. I slowly slid a hand into his soft, red hair, playing with it gently. He giggled and smiled softly, liking the feeling of my fingers running through his hair.
"You like that?" I chuckled, Colby nodding.
"It feels nice," he sighed contently, watching the film, his head in my lap and my hand running through his hair. I wished that moment could've lasted forever. It was perfect. Well, it was far from perfect if you put it into perspective. He didn't know I had feelings for him. I don't think he liked me back. I was having a battle in my head.
"Why did you wanna know how I realised I wasn't straight?" He mumbled sleepily.
"I uh.. I guess I think I have feelings for a boy. And I'm really confused. He's the sweetest person on Earth," I scoffed gently, smiling to myself. That same boy I liked had his head in my lap.
"Who's the boy?" He giggled, looking up at me with big eyes.
"I- Um- I can't tell you that," I chuckled nervously.
"Pleeeeeease?" He pleaded, dragging the word out.
"Seriously, I don't know if I should - well, can - tell you," I laughed, Colby's smile lighting up the room. Metaphorically.
"You can tell me anything," he giggled, his eyes sparking with something I couldn't quite tell.
"I know, I just don't know about this one," I mumbled, Colby's smile turning to a light frown.
"Please?" He pulled puppy dog eyes.
"I might tell you tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or never. Depends how it pans out," I grinned, making him sigh.
"Please just tell me," he frowned, his eyes wide.
"You might judge me," I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I won't, I promise. No matter how weird or shocking your answer is," he giggled, putting a hand over mine, stopping me from playing with his hair. I let out a deep sigh.
"Hold on," I took out my phone and opened tiktok, looking for the sound that goes like 'its you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do'. I found it within a couple of minutes, as it was in my saved audios. I grabbed a mug from my bedside table and cleared some space at the end of my bed, putting the mug down and leaning my phone against it. I put the timer on and Colby looked up at me confusedly. I looked down at him with a grin. I decided to speak the words verbally, otherwise he might not understand.
"It's you, it's you it's all for you, everything I do.. I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you," I rolled my eyes playfully, a shocked expression appearing on Colby's face, mixed with a somewhat happy look. I grabbed my phone and put the mug back with a grin.
"So... what do you think?" I chuckled, a nervous grin on my face.

~

AHH