Chapter 2- The Past (Part 1)

FYI this chapter takes place in the past.

*Micheal's Flashback*

Y/N P.O.V.

Rick and ran for our lives trying to escape the walkers. Michael and Calum were to slow observing almost everything in sight. I told them to keep moving but the kept saying that they were coming and that they were following. We saw walkers by a gym, and Rick and I quitely jogged by. Rick and I thought Michael and Calum were behind us.

"Y/N come on, we have to go." Rick said pulling me towards the stolen vehicle he found.

"Where are they? They said they will be behind us" I cried rufusing to get into the car.

"Y/N you know the rule. If you get left behind.... we won't come back"

"I dont care!! That rule is stupid"

I refused to go to the car without Michael and Calum. So Rick had to force me into the car. I fought back but, he didn't care. To him I was like his daughter, and Ashton was his other son. On our way back to the prison Rick said that he found a little town and was going to get some stuff, while I waited in the car. He came back shortly after and, told me that on our next searching day, that we should go to that town. I just quietly sobbed in the passenger seat starring out the window.

When we got back to the prison I went striaght to my cell block and cried.

"Leave me alone Rick!!!!!" I cried when I heard a knock expecting Rick to me there.

" It's not Rick, Y/N" I heard Ashton's voice say sadly.

I got up and hugged my older brother."Micheal..and Calum...they didnt make it"I cried harder into his shoulder.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry, but you know the rule Y/N. That rule help us survive."

"I know, and sometimes I just really hate it. It won't be the same without them. How do I tell the others? WAIT THE THE OTHERS!"I yelled the last part running to the basketball courts in the prison. Ashton came running with me.

"Y/N!!!!" Luke, Perrie, Sophia, and Eleanor yelled at me, and giving me a group hug."You made it, thank god."

"Wait where's Micheal and Calum?" asked Luke.

"They didn't make it " Ashton said sadly hugging me, as I cried more into his shirt.

Everyone was shocked and the girls had tears in their eyes. Luke and Ashton were just murmuring stuff under their breath, looking upset.

All of us knew the rule. If you get left behind, you get left behind, and that was Final. Everybody's safety was very important. And if you made it back their was a little welcome back party.

After an hour in sadness and small talk we ate dinner and went to our cell blocks. Later at night Rick apologized to me for not letting me try to save Michael and Calum. You could tell he was also pretty upset.

Calum's P.O.V.

Michael and I were looking around the school. Y/N and Rick were in front of us. Y/N kept nagging us to keep up but it was our mistake to not listen to her. We didn't notice Rick and Y/N starting to jog then run quietly past the gym avoiding the walkers. When me and Micheal past it we didn't notice them and laughed out loud about a joke I made. The walkers immediately saw us and started to chase us. We lost Y/N and Rick. The two of us panicked and hid in the locker rooms, stabbing about three walkers in there to stay safe.

We spent the night in the dead smelling locker room. Early in the morning three guys woke Micheal and us up by putting a gun to our head.

After introducing ourselves to them, we became friends. On leader his name was Nick, his best friend Steve, and Nick's 19 year old son, Kyle.

They had a car, and we offered them to stay at the prison with us. I knew it was a bad idea but they were seemed really trustworthy and Micheal and I told them our location. Besides, if they were bad they would have killed us already and not believe the prison was a safe place.

We got to the prison with Micheal driving and I was in the passenger seat. Nick, Kyle, and Steve were in the back. The gate guard didn't notice the three guys, and thank god because we would have got in serious trouble.

"O my god" Rick said as the five of us got into the cafeteria, then hug Micheal and me. "You guys are alive"

We explained to him our small adventure, and introduced them the new three guys. Rick siad they could stay. After he questioned them.

The next day, Y/N and Ashton were in charge of showing Nick, Kyle, and Steve around the prison. Y/N and Kyle hit it off well and started to like each other. She was happy and haven't smiled in a while.

One month later (still in the flashback)

Rick's P.O.V.

I heard a gun shot and was awoken. I quickly got my gun and followed the sound of the gun shot. It came from the execution room in the prison. To my shock, Kyle had a gun pointed to Y/N!! Nick had one to Micheal!! And Steve had one to Calum!! After I got a clear view of the scence Daryl, Hershal, and a bunch of other people came to the room and were shocked as well.

"Well, well, well, sorry for waking you up Rick " Nick said with an evil smile.

"Put the guns down" I said trying to reason with Nick. I slowly raised my gun.

"No Mr. Grimes. I'm afraid that's not gonna happen. You see, all we want is the prison to our selves. That's all we ever wanted. I had Kyle say he "Loves" Y/N, so I could take advantage of your trust. Promise me that and you guys live. I'll send you guys far away from here but you live".

"Rick don't do it" cried Y/N with tears down her eyes. Kyle hit the back of her head with the gun, then she blacked out.

"Look Nick we can work something out, just don't hurt them." I said staring at Micheal, Calum, and Y/N.

"Rick just tell me that it's mine right now, and no one gets hurt and the prison will be in good condition. I don't want to make this place worse."Nick said pointing to the gun shot near the electrical cords.

Just a hand signal from me, several people started to get on top of the three enemies.