See you downstairs

🌼

Your POV

Living in a simple apartment like mine was quite boring and sad to think. But in my case, it wasn't bad at all. Maybe because i started to like Joji. He live exactly under my unit. He said he's living with her grandma. And now,  just like the usual, we're going to meet downstairs. Finishing the last touch on my artwork, i took my sweater on and hopped out of my unit. A smile painted on my face.  I'm so excited to see Joji. After fixing myself, i started walking. Approaching the last edge of the hallway, i heard ukulele strums. I smiled. "That is," i said walking to Joji's direction downstairs. "Cool?" he finished the sentence while i sit next to him on the third step of the stairs. I smiled, he looked at me. "You really are an art student." he said then he showed a weird smile. I knitted my eyebrows asking why. "What?" i asked then he started laughing, the most handsome laugh i know. "I-it's because of t-this," he said between his laughs then he brushed his thumb on my cheek. I was stopped, watching him doing it. I heard how my heartbeat raise. I got back on my mind when he showed me his thumb. "See? Nice color." he said smiling probably talking about the color of the paint. I held my face. "O-oh, was that it?" i asked consciously. "Now, you're prettier." he whispered. I looked at him, and smiled. I feel my cheeks turning red. "S-stop it George." i said facepalming. "Oh, hold on a sec, i'll get this back-" he said, talking about his ukelele and cutting himself to stand up. "I wanna come with-" he interrupted me. "N-no no. You can't!" he slightly shouted. I was stopped. He was shocked with his tone too. "I-i, uhh, i mean. Grandma's really sick. She doesn't like anyone coming in." he explained resting his hand in the air. "O-oh,  it's fine. It's, it's okay." i said taking a step back from their door. "I'm sorry y/n, I'll be back in a few." he said, i smiled then he entered his unit. I leaned back on the wall. Suddenly, someone went out from the last unit on this floor. "M-Miss? Are you okay?" an old woman asked me. I made a face and pointed at myself. "M-me?" i asked. "Yes, i heard you talking-" she was cutted by my phone. "Oh excuse me gotta take this." i said then i answered my phone. "Mom?" i answered. "Hey sweetie? How are you?" she asked. I smiled then waved my hand to the woman and sat back on the stairs. "Pretty fine, school is quite tiring but i enjoy it." i said extending the ends of my sweater on me. "Good, that's good. We're so proud of you honey." mom said and her smiles were obvious. "Awww, i miss you mom." i said looking down. "I miss you too sweetheart. Don't worry, your dad and i were planning to visit you some other time." she said with an exciting tone. "Aw I'd love that Mommy." i said with my sweetest voice. "Daddy says he misses you." she whispered. "Tell him i do too." i said slightly laughing. "Okay sweetheart i need to go. I love you!" mom slightly shouted. "Okay okay,  i love you too thanks for checking out on me." i said then i ended the line.

Right after i slide my phone back to my pocket, Joji went out. We smiled at each other. I slowly leaned forward to see if the woman is still there. "What is it?" he asked. "Oh, nothing." i answered smiling. "I was thinking if i could try doing arts like yours." he said showing a cute smile. I laughed. "Sure, let's go upstairs." i said pulling his arms. Entering my unit, he was amazed by my artworks. "That is what you called a fucking art..." he whispered touching my canvases. I laughed. "I thought you wanna try?" i joked while looking at him being driven by my good works. "They're very good..." he added walking around my room.  "Oh come on. Let's go make one." i said trying to distract his attention. He looked at me, i smiled. "How do you fucking do all these?" he asked with his mouth opened as if he's really surprised. "Stop it, come here." i said pulling him to my table. "Listen, this is how i do it." i said cutting my sentence to look at him.  I smiled seeing him so serious while biting his lips. "You just need an inspiration to make one. Just-" he interrupted me for completing my sentence. "Think of what makes you happy." he said. I smiled, "Exactly!" i slightly shouted as i tap his shoulder. "Now, i have my inspiration. We can now start." i said then i took my brushes beside me.  "I could do whatever i want right?" he whispered picking paint colors from my palette. "Of course, it's yours anyway." i whispered started to paint the stairs where we always meet. I looked at him and smiled. Seeing his serious face makes him so perfect. He suddenly put his attention to me probably noticing my stare for like a minute now. I was shocked, i immediately took my painting for him not to see. "And oh, i forgot to say No-Looking." i said teasingly. He raised his eyebrows while giving me a stare. "Whatever y/n" he said then he continued painting.