Chapter 3

The air has suddenly gotten tenser, Taka has Koga on his back and is calmly giving an angry stare at the two Protectors in front of him.

"Just a kid? I agree with you, that boy is just a kid but more importantly, he is a demon and demons should just die." Shujin says giving Taka a scary face.

Taka doesn't seem to be flinching.

"Tell me something, were you a Protector by your own choice or did you become a Protector because you felt like it was a duty to you." Taka says as he looks calm.

"OF COURSE I BECAME A PROTECTOR OF MY OWN CHOICE!" Shujin screams.

"Wrong!" Taka points his first finger to Shujin.

"WHAT?!" Shujin is taken off-guard by Taka.

"You became a Protector because of your Clan members who forcefully inserted the idea of kill all demons into your mind. You became a Protector because you felt like it was your duty." Taka says as he calmly points his fingers at Shujin.

"Furthermore, demons don't have a choice, if anything, not all demons but I believe most of these demons you kill have no choice but to survive in this dump of a world that they were born in. If anything, demons are pitiful creatures..." Taka looks sad.

"ENOUGH OF YOUR NONSENSE! YOU ARE JUST SPURTING OUT WORDS NOW! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A PROTECTORS JOB IS, SO LET ME PUT IT RIGHT INTO YOUR BRAIN!" Shujin screams angrily.

Shujin carelessly rushes in.

"Oye Koga, hold on tight, alright." Taka says to Koga.

Koga nods.

Taka bends his left foot in the front and right foot in the back, then he brings out his left hand near his hip keeping it at a 90-degree angle and his palm open and fingers closed which face towards the opponent, at the same time he keeps his right hand extremely away from his body with his palm open and this time even the fingers are open.

"This posture!" Mai realises something.

"STOP SHUJIN! RIGHT NOW!"

Before Mai realised about Taka's posture Shujin had already taken his initiative to fight.

Taka closes his palm which he has extremely away from his body like he's holding a sword.

Taka takes a deep breathe.

"THAT IS, THE SWORDMASTER STANCE THREE: QUICK SLASH, STOP RIGHT NOW SHUJIN!"

Stances are a way of describing martial arts and their moves and Swordmaster Stance Three is one of the stances that are needed to be mastered before mastering the ultimate Swordmaster Stance.

(But since I don't have a sword with me, I will use my fist and create a stance right now, right away!)

"Palm-Master Self Stance: Sword Fist!"

Taka dodged Shujin's fist and Taka smacked his own fist right in Shujin's guts and sends him flying away into a wall.

"No way..." Mai seems to be surprised.

(Did he create this stance on himself right now or did he already create it? Not even the Great Masters of stances would be able to do that...Even the Great Masters would take about 10 to 15 years to create or even master a new stance...Just who the hell are you? No...I should ask what the hell are you?!)

Taka sighs.

"As usual Big Bro Taka, you are just as strong as ever." Koga says giving a fist bump to Taka.

Taka returns a fist bump with a smile.

Taka walks slowly towards Mai, "I don't care what you do to other demons or spirits but remember this, if you even try to harm Koga, next time, I won't let you live." Taka walks past Mai who is sweating and shaking in her boots.

Taka slowly tilts his head giving Mai creepy chills, "I mean it, next time, I will kill you." 

Mai fell down on the ground as she realised that the person she feared just now had just left. That's what made Mai take a breath of relief.

"Those two, you were going to kill them the moment you arrived, right?" Koga asks Taka.

"Yeah but...I didn't want to kill someone in front of you." Taka says with a sad face.

Koga's face saddens.

"I...I have already seen my father die so..." 

Koga falls asleep due to his injuries.

Taka pats Koga's head and smiles while having Koga on his back, "That is why I don't want you to see more people die...Or else you might get use to people being dead...Just like me."