Chapter 23

Taka and Rui gather at the stadium.

Taka wears a blue jacket over a black shirt and a black trousers to follow it with.

Rui has made a ponytail for herself which is tied up with a yellow hairband. She also wears a yellow sports jacket with a dark green coloured short skirt.

Taka takes a deep breathe, "You ready?" Taka asks.

Rui takes a deep breathe and nods, "Yeah...I am..."

"We are ready too." Iko says with a smirk as she and a tall man with silver hair stands calmly near her.

Rui looks at Iko and leaves a disappointed sigh.

"HEY! WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!" Iko screams pointing her finger at Rui.

Rui shakes her head, "It's nothing." Then she turns around, "Let's get going Takachi or else we will never end this conversation." Rui says as she ignores Iko.

"What conversation?" Iko keeps screaming in the background but Taka ignores her too.

"You don't want her to start it." Rui sighs and moves into the stadium as Taka follows Rui.

Taka looks back at the silver hair boy who Iko was screaming at.

"What are you looking at Takachi?" Rui pouts at Taka.

"Both are pretty damn strong..." Taka says as he begins to think carefully.

"Of course both are pretty damn strong but they can't beat us, can they?" Rui smiles.

"Only time will tell." Taka smiles.

Both Rui and Taka enter the stadium.

"Welcome everyone to the second round of the duos tournament of the Great Land! We welcome you here with-"

Yuzu takes the mic away from the announcer.

"Eh? Miss Yuzu-"

"I will be the special announcer for this tournament." Yuzu smiles.

"Huh?!" The announcer seems confused.

"That's more like it!" Taka says with a smile.

Rui pulls Taka's right cheek, "No it isn't and she's 40, why are you even interested in her?" Rui asks looking all annoyed.

"I ain't interested in her, she just seems like an interesting announcer then that generic bullshitery guy." Taka says pointing at the announcer.

Rui pouts away.

(What's with her?)

"Alright, enjoy your evening everyone because 32 fighters will be fighting a duo versus duo. Everyone will draw a card from a box to your right, the box contains 16 cards out of which, there are cards 1 to 8 designated there while the others are 0, whoever gets the card 1 to 8 get to choose their opponents while the ones with 0 don't. Also this duo has a twist added draws." Yuzu smirks.

"Added draws?" Justin seems to be confused.

"Yes, meaning even the type of duo round will be determined with your draws. The type of duo round will be written on the back of your draw card but you can't see it until you chose your opponent because it's magically enhanced." Yuzu smiles.

"I see..." Justin smirks.

"Alright, let's begin! Who wants to go first?" Yuzu asks.

"We will." Taka says as he moves forward with Rui.

"Hmm? Namori huh? Interesting, let's see what card do you roll." Yuzu smirks.

Taka puts his hand into the box and removes his hand.

(I am going to challenge mother straight away, doesn't matter what kind of round it is)

"Hmm?"

Taka who seemed to be determined and excited suddenly feels down as he shows his card, "I got a zero...." Taka says with a sad face.

"It's alright Taka, someone will surely challenge you." Yuzu smiles.

Taka gets away from the box with a funny sad face.

"Seriously Takachi? Are you really that sad?" Rui asks.

"Not really, I am just sad because I wanted to fight the greatest swordswoman but I won't get to fight her..." Taka says as with a sigh.

"If you wanna fight her so badly, I will grant your wish and have you fight her." Justin smirks.

"Sure thing." Taka smirks.

"I choose to challenge Namori Taka and Usio Rui!"

A familiar voice.

"Hmm?" Taka turns around.

"That's..." Taka seems to be confused.

"Kaori?" Rui seems to be surprised.

"President...Seriously? Out of all the people...Why did she have to be the one who made it to top 16?" Taka facepalms himself.

"Alright, our first match is decided! It's going to be between Team Usio and Team Miyamoto!" Yuzu announces.

The card that said number 7 started to write something on it's own.

"Oh, the match type will be item hold, meaning there will be a small item placed in the middle of the arena and whoever holds the item till by the end will be the winner. You all have exactly 20 minutes." Yuzu smiles.

"I know you coming here is no coincidence and that is the very reason I will defeat you and make you spill everything out." Kaori stares angrily at Taka.

Taka seems to be confused.

(What's with her?)