Chapter 19.3

"Welcome everybody, to the 67th yearly duo tournament of the Great Lands.

The duo tournament was introduced 67 years ago by the greatest master to ever exist in the history of the Great Land.

We call him, The Great Grandmaster since no one really knew his name.

He was the one who established these lands for our Clans about 70 years ago and he was the one to let everyone have fun in this tournament.

Through what the Great Grandmaster said, this was a tournament that blossomed us with great friendship, love, pride and reputation of the Clans.

It's quite an amazing tournament to show the powerful Clans the power of the low tier Clans.

I hope everyone of you will enjoy this tournament as each day progresses."

"This guy is really boring me to death..." Taka says as he points at the announcer with a gloomy face.

"I am really sorry about that..." Rui is sweating.

"The tournament will start today and last till the new year."

(New year? What date is it today?)

Taka checks his phone, "For real?!"

"Hmm? What's the matter, Takachi?" Rui asks Taka.

"I didn't know tomorrow was Christmas..." Taka seems to be totally in a disarray.

Rui giggles, "That's just like you, you forget the small things but not important just like when we were kids..." Rui gives a sad smile.

12 years ago,

"Takachi!" Rui pouted at Taka.

"What's the matter?" Taka asks.

"You are forgetting something!" Rui says.

"Am I?" Taka seems to be confused

"Yes, you forgot to bring me your gameboy Takachi!" Rui pouts.

"Oh yeah, I am really sorry!"

"Takachi, you idiot! What are we gonna do now?!"

"Takachi seriously, you went to school even though our summer vacations started."

"Takachi you forgot to buy me a drink when you came back!"

But when the day came,

"Rui, happy birthday!" Taka came with a smile and gifted young Rui a gameboy.

"That's expensive though...Why would you buy that for me..." Rui had tears in her eyes.

"Why? That's because your my friend and plus..." Taka whispers to himself, "I like you..."

"What?" Rui didn't seem to have heard Taka's whisper.

Present day,

"Rui, you okay?" Taka asks.

"Oh it's nothing, I just got lost in my thoughts." Rui says with a sad smile.

"So are you guys ready, for the tournament to begin?!" The announcer asks.

"YES!!!!!" Everyone screams in joy.

While there were some who screamed in joy, some were ready with rage building within them, some were ready to just have fun, some had their pride on the line and some had arrived, to investigate the truth of the Great Lands.

The journey of Namori Taka, has just begun.