~Chapter 10~

Tom couldn't help but snicker as he stood from his former hiding spot. But before anyone could see his smirk, he feigned innocence. It's one of his better skills. "Not cool, Thomas. Why would you throw a perfectly-aimed pancake at Red's face when it would obviously piss him off!? If I were you, I'd own up to it real damn quick too, because Red doesn't exactly seem like the forgiving type." Tom turned around, but there wasn't anyone there, "Thomas? Uh...? Thomas!?" Tom turned back to face the large group now staring at him with a concerned look on his face, "Guys, I think he ran away..."

Everyone in the room, who wasn't one of Tom's rebels or Tord, genuinely believed every word that came out of Tom's mouth. He was exceptionally skilled in the department, known as denial. The only reason that Tom's soldiers knew that he was faking it because they saw him throw said pancake. The only difference was how convinced Tord was that Tom threw it, and he wasn't going to accept any other explanation for what happened. Tord's thought train was on a one-way track, and there weren't any detours in view.

"Thomas." The name was growled out, but Tom refused to answer to the name.

"What are you looking at me for? My name is Tom. I thought we went over this." Red's expression didn't change as a growl reverberated from his throat. Tom pretended he didn't hear it as he continued talking. "Besides, the Thomas you are looking for escaped while he could because at least he is smart enough to run."

Muffled laughter broke out among a ground of Tom's soldiers, which drew Tord's to them. That was a horrible mistake. Tom glanced over to see that Elijah was trying to stifle his laughter with a hand over his mouth, but it was starting to slip. Tom then proceeded to see as Collin's eyes widened as Tord's gaze met his. In an automatic reaction, Collin whipped his hand around to try and stifle Elijah's laughter further but only ended up smacking Elijah. Elijah fell backward onto the filthy floor below him.

That was when Paul couldn't take it anymore. The only thing that had been holding back his raucous laughter was his will power that was quickly slipping away from him. And then it broke. The dam that had been holding back the ultimate capacity of his laughter broke, and Paul was on the floor laughing hard enough to shake his entire being. Tord looked down at him as his anger was slowly rising every second that passed.

"Paul. Get a hold of yourself."

"I-I-I can't I just can't, haha HAHAHA! I-i-its just your face! I can't! I just can't!" He then broke back out into laughter, and no words could escape his mouth. Then Pat came out of the crown of stunned soldiers and called out to Paul seeing how Tord's eye flashed a warning shine of red.

"Uh- Paul, buddy, you should get off the floor..."

"I-I-" Then Paul looked up to see Pat, who still had eggs and ketchup residue in his bangs, which only caused the laughter to get louder and harder. It was going against what Pat wanted from him, and it was forcing Tord to get closer to his next level of rage. Pat sat down to the floor, trying to convince Paul to get to his feet, but he wasn't able to do much when Paul was shaking so hard with laughter. Though, it wasn't long before Paul was talking again. "No one is safe! The food will claim all! Hahahahahahahaha!!" He broke into laughter again.

It was then that Tom decided that it was a perfect time to jump in. "Well... I guess I'm safe." Tom got to his feet, not a speck of food on his mostly naked figure. Thinking about all he had done, the fact that Tom didn't have food on him didn't make sense to anyone, including himself.

Because Tom decided to speak up, Tord slowly turned toward him. Every ounce of rage radiating off of him and towards Tom. Knowing that Paul and Pat were still in the room, Tord took a deep breath and closed his eyes, trying to keep himself under control. "Pat, Code 36." Paul's laughter abruptly cut off as his eyes slowly looked over at Tord. Fear was the only emotion that existed at that moment in time. Pat glanced between Paul and Tord before looking around the room and yelling Code 36. Every red soldiers' eyes widened in panic as they began flooding out of the room, keeping a wide berth around Tord. Pat started to sprint towards Tom, grabbed his arm, and dragged him out of the room as quickly as he could. Paul was quick to his feet as well and began ordering Tom's rebels to get out of the room. They didn't know what was going on but complied anyway. Mainly because of the apparent fear in Paul's eyes and expression along with the fact that Tom was leaving the room.

Before Tom was out of the room, he yelled, "Don't forget Elijah! He may be a pain, but he is still one of us!" Tord flinched after hearing Tom's voice since he is the cause of this whole mess.

"Damn it, Blue!" A blue soldier's voice yelled in frustration before the same voice quietly grumbled, "Of course, Elijah is always his favorite." Collin rolled his eyes at Ally's antics before sighing and grabbing hold of unconscious Elijah's leg and dragging him out of the room.

 -----

Hey... I know I haven't posted in over a month and I'm sorry. School and what not. This was a very hard chapter to write and I'm still having difficulties with certain things if you haven't noticed. Anyway, thank all of you for continuing to read. I'm sorry. Thank you and hope you had a happy Halloween if you celebrate it otherwise, have a nice November.