~Chapter 7~

Tord stood outside of the metal door as he waited for his soldiers to complete his very specific orders. He had been waiting there for a few minutes and knew that it wouldn't be much longer. I mean, two highly trained soldiers should be able to overpower one recruit, right? Within moments, the door unlocked and slid open to reveal just the people Tord was looking for. Paul and Pat walked out looking like they had just lost a fight with a vicious cat. Some of their uniforms were torn and each of them had at least one cut or scrape. Paul turned towards Tord to tell him how his mission went but Tord knew something didn't go to plan when Paul refused to meet his eye. Well, he isn't supposed to anyway, but Paul was one of the few soldiers who could without an almost immediate death so why wasn't he doing it now? That was the question.

"Well, Red Leader, you see..." Pat smacked him over the head and took over the conversation.

"Red Leader, we followed your orders to the letter but we were only able to complete part one..."

"And why would that be?" Tord wondered aloud, trying to coax the answer from the two.

Paul took his turn this time. "Well, you see... Dear ol' Tom has a small problem with the new uniform."

"I told you to make him wear the uniform. I don't care if he has a problem with it. You two are supposed to be my strongest soldiers aren't you?"

"He is just a little stronger than he looks, sir."

"And that is my problem why?" Tord glanced between them and could tell they definitely were struggling with this even though it was probably one of the simplest tasks Tord could have given them. Well, that was according to Tord, in reality, this was one of the hardest. Tom was just so darn stubborn.

"We'll go try again sir." Pat took hold of Paul's hand and they walked back into the room where Tord could see that Tom was preparing for another fight. This should be interesting to watch.

~Smol Time Skip~

Let's just say it took a little bit longer than preferred to get Tom to 'agree' and there was still some compromising that had to be made. I'm just going to say that Tord wasn't particularly happy about this compromise, and neither was anyone else who happened to look over at Tom. This was because Tom was so stubbornly against wearing the uniform he just didn't wear it and was walking around the base, by Tord's side no less, in nothing but his boxers. No one was particularly happy about it besides Tom himself who was happy that he could win even if he was wearing nothing but his underwear. He had done it before to avoid wearing a uniform, he could and would do it again. But still, that wasn't enough for him. If he was going to be forced to stay here, he might as well test his 'Leader's' limits. Sure his last test hadn't gone very well but if he was able to get away with this, what else would he be able to do? So, Tom slowed his pace so that it was bordering on baby steps. Only it was less obvious than that, just slow and as Red got farther and farther ahead, the more impatient he seemed to get before he glanced behind him.

"Tom, what the hell are you doing?"

"Walking. What are you doing?"

"That isn't walking." Red Leader huffed and placed a human hand on the bridge of his nose and rubbed it to try and calm himself. Don't murder him. Don't murder him. Murder him. Wait no! Don't do that! Think of the bacon. Think about how much bacon would be lost if you murdered him. Grrr... Tord held in his growl as much as he could but figured that even with the threat of losing his bacon, he may end up murdering this very stupid man who just wanted to aggressively press every single one of Tord's buttons all at once. So, if he wanted to save his precious breakfast meat then he would have to separate himself from this conversation before it went any further.

"Sure it is. But this isn't." Tom proceeded to flop to the floor to form a messy heap of living flesh. Tord had made up his mind by that point. He had to get out of here.

"Urgh, okay! You know what! I don't care anymore. I left something in my room. I'll meet you in the lunchroom." Tord began to angrily march away before he thought about his mood. If he left without supervision, he was most definitely going to kill the first person who happened to step into his path. Didn't matter if they saluted or not. They were going to be laying on the floor with a bullet in their brain if they weren't careful. Once again, Tord knew that losing one measly soldier wasn't worth getting banned from bacon so he had to be supervised, whether he was Red Leader or not. Tord sighed. "Paul come with me."

"What?! Why me?" But, but. I wanted to spend more time with Pat. Paul wanted to voice his last thought but knew that it would definitely blow his cover with Tord and if he wanted to do that, he would have done it long ago. But both him and his Pat knew that it would have dire consequences if they did. It would not go well for either of them. Tord did not answer his friend's questions and continued his storming off. Paul knew that if he didn't follow Tord than that would have consequences as well so he rushed after the fuming man. As Paul ran after Tord, he left behind his lover and a practically naked man who was currently laying face first on the floor.
Pat stood there for a moment before the situation sank in. He was supposed to keep track of the almost nude rebel and Red Leader himself had given him this awful job. Sure, he has had worse but still. Tom was going to be a pain and Pat knew that he was going to make his daily life difficult. As Pat stood there, in the middle of the hallway, contemplating what he should do with Tom, Tom took matters into his own hands. He rolled to the side and effortlessly got to his feet.

"So, are we going to stand here all day or are we going to get some food. I haven't eaten in over 12 hours and I'm hungry." Tom brushing himself off and glanced back up at Pat who was now staring at him with wide eyes. "What? Food is important." Pat responded by placing a hand on his temple while he shook his head in bewilderment.

"I really thought you were going to be more difficult."

"I know. I'm unpredictable like that." Tom smiled and continued walking down the hall. Pat sighed and began following behind Tom.

-----

Sorry, guys. I started school this last week and this chapter was really hard to write for some reason. I'll try to get out the next one as soon as I finish it. Thanks for reading and please comment, vote, share and follow me. See you soon, hopefully.