take care of me

"morning baby," george stroked his boyfriends cheek with the back of his hand as the sunlight shone through the blinds and danced on his skin. alex's eyes fluttered open, and he smiled softly.
"mornin," he groaned, squinting and adjusting to the light of the sun. george rolled over, his hand momentarily abandoning alex's cheek as he grabbed the small, orange bottle that was tipped over on the bedside cabinet.
"here, take your meds," he handed the bottle to alex, who smiled and said,
"sweetie i cant take them until i have breakfast, remember? but thank you for looking after me,"

george stood up, and walked around the bed when alex grabbed the back of his shirt,
"where are you goinggg?" he whined, trying to pull him back onto the bed, but failing.
"need ta make breakfast," george answered, ruffling the sleepy boys hair.

george walked back in the bedroom with a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch for alex, and two slices of slightly burnt toast with butter for himself. admittedly, george wasn't the best chef - but at least he tried, and that's what made alex so damn happy.

the day went on, alex spent the majority of his day in the living room, editing one of george's videos. he didn't have to, but he still wasn't motivated to make videos but he wanted to feel as if he was working, so editing george's video was voluntary work.

"wanna go out n' get dinner tonight?" george suggested, sitting down next to alex, slightly sitting on the side of his leg. the younger boy was focused entirely on the macbook sitting on his lap, his eyebrows slightly furrowed, leaning over in a way which would almost definitely ruin his posture. his hair was greasy and pushed to the side and his stubble was grossly overgrown.
"sure, whatcha thinkin'?" alex muttered, not looking up from the macbook.
"dunno.. there's a pizza pilgrims not far if ya fancy it?"
"safe."

george showered, drying his thick hair with a discarded towel and changing out of his black sweatpants and oversized t-shirt into some black jeans and his 'childish' hoodie. he walked out to see alex already dressed, wearing a black internet sensation hoodie and his infamous tight white jeans. his hair was still slightly damp from his shower, making it turn slightly wavy.

they walked down the street, it was scarce of people and the street lights illuminated the pavement. it was peaceful, puddles dotted along the roads and paths from the aftermath of a storm, a couple of the street lights flickering, and cars could be heard driving past in the distance. they walked along leisurely, their hands connected, talking about nothing and laughing.

once they arrived at the resturant, they were greeted and seated right next to the window. fairy lights were hung up on the window, illuminating the dim building. a tapestry hung on a wall behind where alex was sitting.
"oh wow, this is so beautiful," he commented, looking around with joy, taking in his surroundings.
"i'm glad you like it," george smiled, putting down his menu, "what kind of pizza ya want?"
"i dunno.. how about hawaiian?"
"wrongen," george laughed under his breath, "but sure, all pizza is great,"

once their shared pizza arrived, they both started eating whilst laughing and chatting. the feeling was there, they both completely clicked, like they could talk about literally nothing for hours on end and never get bored of each other. the restaurant had barely any people left by the time they had sat down so they didn't really have to worry about other people being near them. they could just enjoy each other's company.

"did i have to keep throwing the pineapple up in the air?" alex laughed, slightly bumping into george as he walked along.
"well i wanted to see if i could catch it in my mouth!" george defended himself, bumping back into alex whilst laughing.
"you obviously really couldn't," the two boys were walking home, laughing, both slightly tipsy from having drinks.

once they got in, george went straight to bed, obviously really exhausted. he was still wearing his clothes when he passed out on the bed. rain tapped against the window, and the sky was dark navy by now - alex just looked out of the window, the wind blowing in his face, trying so hard to feel alive again. he wanted to believe he was getting better so bad, to try so he could make george happy. this was all for george. nothing else mattered as long as he was happy.