Music

Sometime after the Endgame. Lissa

Wake up, and smell the coffee

"Lon'qu! It's time to wake up!" I smacked my slumbering husband in the face with a pillow.

The brunette turned away from me with, grumbling something. "Five more minutes, Lissa..."

"No can do, babe!" I hopped out of bed, ignoring the harsh chill of the stone floor. I ripped open the curtains, bright winter sunlight shining on my slumbering prince, giggling at his startled yelp. "I made coffee!"

Is your cup half full or empty?

"You made what now?" He sat up, fur blankets falling away from his bare chest.

"Coffee!" I zoomed over to him, pressing a cup I kept on my nightstand into his hands.

He rubbed his eyes, taking a sip of his drink. He winced back. "Why is the flavor so dull?"

When we talk, you say it softly

"You're always drinking black coffee so I thought I would spice things up a bit!" I bounced on the bed, eagerly awaiting more feedback.

He took another reluctant sip. "How much cream and sugar did you put in this?"

"Three cups of milk, four splashes of vanilla, a few spoonfuls of cinnamon, and I lost track of the sugar!"

My husband sighed, setting the mug down. "And how many cups have you drank at..." He did that weird thing with his hands to tell the time. "Five in the morning?"

"Four!" I giggled, ignoring my rapid heartbeat.

But I love it when you're awfully quiet

"Chikushou..." He cursed in his native tongue. "How are you still alive, Lissa love?"

"My heart beats because of you, my dashing husband!" I threw my arms around him, tackling him into the pillows. "Also the ridiculous amount of caffeine I just consumed!"

Lon'qu rubbed his face with one hand, his free arm wrapping around me. "How in Naga's name did Chrom keep you alive all those years..." he grumbled.

I frowned. "Hey! Keep my dummy brother out of this! He never even let me near coffee!" I rubbed my nose against his. "But you let me have whatever sugary good substance I want! I love you loads more!"

"I'm your husband so I would hope so," he sighed. "And I never said-"

"Love youuuuuu!"

My husband's eyes fell shut once more. "Please, Lissa love - let me sleep for a few more minutes..."

I pursed my lips into a pout. "But I wanna spend time with you..."

"Then take a nap with me, I don't care," he grumbled. "Please, just stay still..."

I snuggled into his warmth, knowing I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. At least it would give me time to admire my hunk of a husband. "Okay!"

"Thank the gods..."

Quiet...

...

You see a piece of paper

"Lon'qu, can you show me how to do this again?" I held up the crinkled rice paper in my hand, eyes pleading.

My husband sauntered over to me, gaze flicking over all the discarded papers and origami books on my table. "What are you trying to do?"