It's Almost Halloween (Halloween Special)

Troye's head was in my lap while we were in his room watching some TV show. We were home alone, once again, and so Troye lit up. It had been weeks since the first time I smoked and now I was more or less used it. Troye had his arm wrapped around my lower waist, which I'm sure was uncomfortable for him but was still sweet.

He looked up at me and offered me the joint. I politely declined, I was buzzed which was good enough for me. Troye hoisted himself up and now he was sitting in my lap. "Tilly, you gonna do anything on Halloween?"  His stoned, red eyes met my cloudy ones.

"No, probably not. I mean I used to do this thing at Korey's house but..." My voice trailed off.

He cupped my face in his hands, "look, you don't need him, you've got me. And you really only need me, isn't that right, silly Tilly." Troye laughed at his own joke.

I pulled away from his embrace, he got too touchy feely when he was high and, honestly, I didn't like it. Was it weird to say I didn't like to be touchy feely with him unless I was doing the touching?

"God, Tyler, can't you ever just chill?! I want to have fun and you're being so lame! Like why can't you just smoke or drink with me without being pissed or only getting halfway drunk or high?! Why don't you piss off until you're ready to actually party." Troye got up and opened the door. I got up and walked out and left his house. Since I didn't have a car and I couldn't call Korey, so I called the only other person I could.

"Tyler? What's wrong sweetie?"

"Mom," I choked out, "can you pick me up? Troye and I had a fight and I don't know how to get home."

"Of course, I'll be there as soon as I can."

I started to walk down the street, getting as far away from Troye as possible. I was stumbling, I must have been higher than I thought. 

"Tyler! Tyler Oakley!"

My mom had pulled up and snapped me out of what ever little daze I was in.

"God, Tyler you reek! What have you been up to?"

Tears started to poor down my face, "please mom, please not now."

She patted my head, "okay, okay, we will talk later. Just let it out."

Troye didn't speak to me for a week, which I wasn't too worried about because I was so grounded it didn't even matter. I got up, my mom dropped my up from school and picked me up afterwards, I slept, and repeat. Hardly anyone spoke to me on these lonely, lonely days. Except on Friday, the day of Halloween.

"Hey man, you coming over tonight?" It was Korey.

"You haven't spoken to me for weeks and when you finally do it's so you can make sure I'm coming to some stupid annual party your family throws?"

"No, but it was the only way I could start a conversation with you without you blowing me off." 

I rolled my eyes. I can't believe he thought he would get me back this way.

"Look, I was a jerk, but so were you. I lied and I'm sorry. Can you please come tonight, trust me this will be the best one yet."

"Fine, I'll see if I can."

He gave me a quick hug, "thanks man. Oh and its a masquerade so wear a mask."

I knew my mom was not about to let me go out after all the times she had grounded me and after all the times I ignored her.

"Mom, do you think I could go to Korey's party tonight?"

"Yes."

"Okay I know I've been in so much trouble lately but I promise to be better and, wait, did you say yes?"