Moonlight

Shawn got settled on the floor beside Ayla's bed surrounded by pillows and blankets.

Her bed was simply too small for the two but at the same time she didn't know if she felt comfortable with being that intimate.

"Stop moving, how will you ever get to sleep?" Shawn whispers. It had just turned two am and Shawn couldn't sleep because Ayla couldn't sleep, her constant moving around and huffing had them both restless.

"I can't get comfy" she sits up leaning against the headboard, her fingers gently running circles at her temples.

Shawn looks up at her in awe of her beauty. "What do you normally do when you can't sleep?" He asks.

"I just stay awake"

"How do you run on no sleep?"

She looks down at him raising an eyebrow as if it was obvious. "The sniff, gives you adrenaline"

"Oh" he nods. He shuffles up leaning against her bed.

"Do you want to sit outside with me?" She removes her duvet and slips on her robe over her pyjamas. "Come on, I wanna show you something" she doesn't even wait for him to answer.

Shawn gets up in a hurry, following her like a lost puppy outside to the balcony. He takes a seat, watching as she flicks on the fairy lights. Once she's done she's sat beside Shawn.

"I couldn't sleep for so long, I still can't so I come out here. Just sit here alone, looking up at the sky. Usually the stars are out and so is the moon. Jacob told me I talk to the moon when I'm drunk" she admits with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Talking to the moon eh?" His arm rests at the back of the sofa. She hums leaning into his side, Shawn puts his arm down around her.

"He calls me a selenophile"

"What's that?"

"Someone who's obsessed the moon, I guess I am, I'm a moon lover. She's so pretty" she says in bliss.

"She?"

"Hmm apparently I claimed the moon is woman. Call me crazy but she listens to my problems all night until I fall sleep"

Shawn leans his head against hers. "Do you erm want to go closer?"

Ayla shuffles to look into his eyes. "To the moon?"

-
It was windy, her hair flying all around her face. The moonlight shining down on the quiet pier, the waves lapping against the shore, a soothing and pleasing noise.

She stood looking over the dark endless ocean which was only lit up by the few mellow lights along the pier.

"Hi" shawn breathes out stepping beside her looking over at the same view that caught her eyes. She was so gone, lost in her mind as she gazed up at the moon.

"Hi" she chuckles softly, not looking away.

"It's so beautiful"

"It is" he sighs looking at her side profile. "The moonlight reflecting on the ocean, it's so pretty" she tucks her hair behind her ears. "Mother Nature is incredible" she says to herself realising how aesthetically pleasing the sea looks.

"Except for when she makes it minus a hundred degrees" she jokes rubbing her hands up and down her arms. He doesn't even hesitate to step behind her and embrace her body. She leans back and holds his arms close to her. Resting her head back and he puts his chin on her shoulder. He couldn't resist.

They both simultaneously let a out a breath, allowing cold air to escape their lips.

"Ayla?" He whispers, the warmth of his cheeks spreading towards her skin.  She hums waiting for him to continue.

"Are you willing to give love another shot?" He asks hesitantly.

His question leaves her stunned but she knew the answer.

"I forgave you Shawn, I've learned to accept the past and face whatever is waiting for me with a clear mind. I'm done sulking and beating myself up about something I can't control or change" she says. "So yes, I want to love again"

Without hesitation Shawn twists her body by her hips. Ayla gasps when Shawn faces her using his large hand to cradle her face. She holds his wrist gently then presses her face against his palm, feeling safe at his touch.

"Can I please stay by your side and show you how sorry I am?" He asks, clearing his throat momentarily because he knew any minute now he'd choke out a cry. He was overwhelmed by the thought of Ayla loving him back.

"I know you're sorry Shawn. You're the only one who is" she tells him. "Krystal doesn't call me because she feels as if she's betraying Leon, Sam texts me every now and then but he never asks how I-i truly am, I mean Jacob is here but-but he doesn't know like you do... you're the only one- the only one to face to me and try again with me" her voice cracks with emotion as tears stream down her chilled cheeks.

The tip of Shawn's nose nudges hers, their hot breath brushing each other's lips and their foreheads against each other.

Shawn hesitantly moves his face closer to her, gently brushing his lips against her. Nerves filling them both.

"Would it be wrong if I kissed you?" His words stumble out in a staggered breath.

"It doesn't feel wrong" she answers simply.

"Can I-"

"Yeah"

Then without a second thought, Shawn listens and presses his lips against her soft ones, his hands stuck to the sides of her face as he pulls her even closer. She brings a hand up to his curly locks pulling him in as their lips work against each other so naturally under the moonlight.

Breathlessly, they both pull back. Ayla smiles shyly, falling into his chest. Shawn hugs her tight as his chest heaves slightly.

Ayla shuffles a little so she could face the dark ocean and the silvery glisten of the moon. She takes a deep breath and for the first time in a long time she felt happy.

Shawn presses a kiss to the top of her head then just tilts his head against her as her arms snake around his middle.

Every glimpse and touch Ayla and Shawn gave each other made her feel infatuated with idea of romance, as if she's falling in love all over again for the first time. She's so lost with the idea of falling for Shawn that she doesn't even want to move an inch from his body, he's entrancing, just like the moonlight.

"The perfect first kiss" Ayla spills out. Shawn grins "third kiss technically"

"Well this one felt right"

"You're right" he agrees happily. He finally got to kiss the girl he loves and this time she stayed. "You're my moonlight" his soft voice fills her ears, causing the most genuine smile to appear on her lips.

_
Oh my god my heart