Precious Boy

Four days later and Shawn had slept at Ayla's every night, he took the sofa but it was better than not being around her at all. They had kissed once more, in the morning when Ayla had to go meet Jacob. He was making her happy and keeping her occupied and distracted from anything negative.

"What're you ready for?" Shawn asks as Ayla walks out of the bathroom dressed in a white milkmaid style dress with yellow flowers all over it and her shoes on.

"I'm going to the market" she answers simply. "Can I come?" Shawn asks getting up, the blanket drops to the floor and Ayla quickly looks away when Shawn stands there in just his grey shorts and no shirt.

"Erm if you want" she's quick to say. Shawn chuckles walking past her, his hand brushing her hip. "I'll be five minutes"

"Okay" she nods. Shawn steps in front of her and Ayla keeps her eyes on his. "You look beautiful"

A blush rises to her cheeks. "Thank you" She gulps nervously and leans up to peck his lips quickly. She wasn't even sure if she could kiss him randomly but of course Shawn didn't mind. After the night on the pier she found a change within herself, she liked the woman she was around Shawn.

"Now go, I want to get the good strawberries" She gently pushes him back by his shoulder. He nods, escaping with a grin.

Shawn quickly emerges from the bathroom, dressed in a light fabric white shirt, the top three buttons undone and some black trousers with a white stripe down the side.

"Ready?"

Ayla looks up at him, mentally swooning at his good looks and effortlessly perfect hair. "Yeah" she barely whispers getting up from the sofa.

"I just need to get my purse"

"I'll get it, in your room right?" Shawn quickly says. She nods and watches him leave.

"Oh, get the notepad and pen too! It's beside the-"

"Got it!" He shouts walking back towards her. She smiles taking her bag. "I need to make a list, hold on" she opens the book up.

Shawn nods watching her carefully. She then looks up at him. 

"Can you?"

He smiles warmly taking the pen and paper. "What do you need babe- sorry it just slipped out, fuck-"

"Strawberries" She begins, bringing her bottom lip between her teeth to suppress her smile. Shawn nods scribbling it down.

"Grapes, mangos, erm wine-"

"What kind? Red?" He asks. Ayla nods feeling a small tingle on her skin. "And chocolate, ice cream and-and I can't remember anything else" she chuckles softly.

Shawn finishes the list looking up at her. "Here you go"

She takes it looking down. Everything written down and a small heart drawn to the side with a smiley face. Her cheeks blush visibly making Shawn grin.
-

"It smells horrible" Ayla giggles pushing the scented candle away. They had finished shopping and were now casually browsing.

"No it doesn't" he objects putting it back down. "This one smells so good" she holds up the candle to his nose. He grips her wrist leaning into the candle.

"Oh that is good" he nods. Ayla smiles putting it in the basket Shawn was holding. "What next?" He asks walking beside her.

"Erm i don't know, do you want anything?" She asks, her hand gently brushing his making both their hearts leap. Shawn nervously moves closer to her as she looks away down the difference isles.

"Not really"

Ayla hums, she turns the corner and Shawn quickly follows. He glances down at her hand, begging to hold her. "Look!" She exclaims startling him as she takes his hand out of instinct dragging him towards the blankets. Shawn's stomach flips when she squeezes his hand out of excitement.

"They're so soft" she picks one up for Shawn to feel. His fingers gently stoke the blanket "that is soft but do you need it? It's like thirty degrees everyday" he chuckles.

"You're right" she puts it back down and turns her body to accidentally bump into Shawn's hard chest. "Sorry" she giggles nervously.

"It's okay" his fingers go to her chin, tilting her head up. Ayla's eyes meet his, her heart racing rapidly.

"I won't lie, I really want to kiss you-"

She cuts him off pressing her lips against his, he smiles against her lips, his body moving closer to her. Ayla cups his cheeks, moving her lips in rhythm with his.

"ehi! compra qualcosa o lascia il mio negozio"

Ayla quickly pushes Shawn back in embarrassment. "scusi signore" she apologises as the man walks away shooting them a dirty look.

"What did he say?" Shawn asks, protectively tugging her closer by her waist. "Told us to buy something or leave" she chuckles softly.

"Ugh what an old man, doesn't know what it's like to be in love" Shawn says letting it slip from the tip of his tongue.

Ayla smiles softly, her hand cradling his jaw. "ragazzo prezioso" she whispers. Heat rises to his face as she speaks with such fluency "English please?"

She shakes her head no, smugly turning away. Shawn quickly grabs her hand following. "Tell me"

"No"

"Please" He begs.

"Find out yourself"
-

"Precious girl" Shawn whispers into her ear. Ayla grins shuffling in his arms. They had settled on the outdoor sofa, her body curved into his, his hands tied with hers and his head resting on hers.

"You called me precious boy" he says smartly. "I asked Jacob"

"You are a precious boy" her lips tug a smile, a smile that never seemed to fade when Shawn was around.

"How'd you learn Italian?"

"Well I've picked up a lot from customers and locals and Jacob taught me a lot of common phrases I'd find helpful then I did some learning on my own which I flopped at" She chuckles. "I think you're doing just fine and you sound beautiful when you speak it" he couldn't resist the urge to kiss the top of her head.

Ayla nuzzles back into his arms, loving the warmth of his body. After a few minutes of silence she speaks up "when do you go back?"

"Whenever I want, I have an open ticket"

"That must cost you a fortune" Ayla points out. "It's nothing plus I'd pay anything to be with you"

Her heart flutters at his kind words. She found herself falling deeper for him.

"Well I'm glad you're here"

Shawn could've sworn his heart combusted, he finally had his dream girl.