Moon Lover

"Is that all?" Jacob asks Shawn. "Yeah, just missing Ayla" he turns towards the bar hoping she'd walk out but she doesn't.

Here it was, Shawn had to go home. However, he didn't feel like he was going home, home was wherever Ayla was. All week she held in her emotions about Shawn going back but today when she woke up to Shawn packing his clothes reality hit her like a bitch and she couldn't stand watching him so she tugged the covers over her head and pretended to go back to sleep, to avoid even seeing Shawn because she knew it would be a while until they saw each other again.

"I'll be two minutes" Shawn rushes away inside to find his love sat on a bar stool with a drink in her hand, she looks down sulking, as if she had just read the saddest story at the bottom of her glass.

"I'm gonna be late baby" Shawn strides towards her, hugging her from behind.

"If you're late then you'll miss your flight and you won't have to go" she says leaning back into him. Shawn's heart broke, he finally had her and he had to leave.

"I will see you again Ayla, I love you too much to stay away" he kisses her cheek. Ayla turns towards him, looking up with teary eyes.

"You won't fall out of love with me, will you?"

Despite the fact she didn't admit to loving Shawn yet she was absolutely terrified about the thought of loosing someone else she loved.

"Never. I haven't for three years Miss Ayla Storm and I don't plan on it" his lips press a warm kiss to her forehead. She nods getting up, lacing her hand with his.

Shawn leads her outside and opens up Jacob's car door for her to get in first. She gets in and Shawn gets as close as possible towards her. Ayla leans her head against his shoulder and simply closes her eyes.

"Ready?" Jacob asks. "Yep" Shawn answers, he grabs her hands and sets them on his lap.
-

"Thanks man" Shawn nods at Jacob. "No worries, Ayla I'll be here" Jacob tells Ayla.

"Okay" she nods, her hand laces with Shawn's and the other covers their laces hands. As they walk through the airport in silence she felt her heart getting heavier.

Then when he came to a stop and faced her she broke out into tears. Throwing herself at him, her arms swinging around his shoulders, her body pressed against his and her head tucked into his neck, making his skin wet with her tears.

"Baby, I'm gonna see you again real soon. I promise" his hand weaves into her hair as he presses multiple soft loving kisses to her head.

"But I need you" She hiccups pulling back, her bottom lip quivering. Shawn's warm hands cup her cheeks, wiping at her tears with his thumbs. "No you don't. You're so strong on your own gorgeous, I'm just someone giving you a helping hand-"

"What if I need a helping hand?" She asks tearfully. "Then call me, anytime of the day I don't care" Shawn tells her wholeheartedly "promise me that you'll call when you need it"

Ayla nods bringing her pinky up. "Promise" she nods, they both lean in kissing each other's pinkies.

"Now come here" he tugs her back into his arms for a long, much needed hug.

Ayla lets out a shaky breath then pulls away, leaning up on her toes she meets his lips for a long kiss but it seemed to go by so fast.

"You're going to be okay baby, i know you are. You've gone through all of this for a reason and you're so strong because of it. I love you okay? Don't forget that I love you"

"I won't" she shakes her head then pecks his lips one more time. After one more hug and one more kiss, a goodbye, Ayla watched Shawn walk away with a pain in her chest.

Shawn wipes his tears, he was furious he had to go back, absolutely heartbroken. He turns around and Ayla blows him a kiss, Shawn pretends to catch it and keeps his hand close to his chest. Then he walks away.

-
"Thanks Jacob" Ayla gets out the car. Jacob puts his window down. "Hey!" He calls her. Ayla looks up at him with reddened eyes.

"Call me if you need anything, absolutely anything"

Ayla nods "thank you, for everything" she forces a smile then goes inside. Sulking to herself as she goes up the stairs and unlocks the doors. She kicks her shoes off in anger and immediately grabs the fluffy grey blanket from the sofa that Shawn used when he slept on the sofa.

She brings it to her nose taking a deep breath, a faint masculine cologne filling her nose as she walks towards her bedroom. She opens the door and pulls the blanket around her body tightly.

"Oh" She mumbles, noticing a white gift box on her pillow and a note. She sits down grabbing the box, untying the ribbon then she lifts the small lid to be taken back by the gift; a silver chain with a beautiful moon pendant.

She turns the pendant around and what was etched on the back made her come to tears; moon lover

Ayla holds the necklace close to her chest as she unfolds the envelope.

Ayla
I love you so much, you're everything to me.
Remember how strong you are
Love Shawn

She immediately gets up grabbing her phone and she calls Jacob.

"What's up?" He answers quickly.

"I need a favour"