Amongst The Roaring Thunder

"A week?"

Ayla nods, trying not to sulk and pout.

"Then when will he be back?" Jacob asks. "I don't know, he's going back just so he doesn't loose his job then after that I don't know" she shrugs.

"Why don't you go with him?" He suggests. "I can't, I'm the owner of the bar" she chuckles sadly.

"But I'm here... come on what's the real reason?"

Ayla looks up at him then back down at her hands. "I don't know what we are or what's happening, he tells me he loves me and we kiss like we're more than friends but- but I don't know" she sighs softly. "Maybe you need the distance to figure out what's going on, on your own" Jacob suggest. "You know, they say distance makes the heart grow fonder and this way you can figure out what you really want"

"What if he leaves and I feel nothing?" Her heart beginning to pound in her chest.

"Then you'll know"

"Know what?" Shawn wanders in holding two bags of food and some drinks, yes his hands are that big.

Ayla shakes her head at Jacob. "Know what the customers like to drink, here try this" she quickly pours a shot of the closest bottle towards her. Shawn puts the bags down and his left hand settles on her waist, with his right hand he takes the shot quickly.

"Hmm its good" he nods putting the shot glass down then he leans towards her lips. Ayla's smile widens, she leans up quickly pecking his lips.

"So erm I'll be back for six, I don't think it'll be busy apparently there's a storm tonight" Jacob grabs his keys. "Okay see you then" Ayla waves him goodbye. Once he's gone and Shawn hears the door shut he grips her thighs, picking her up and sitting her on the counter.

"You look beautiful" his hands slowly go up her thighs, towards her lower back. His body tingles when he felt the indent of her underwear through her thin dress.

"You said that this morning" she says shyly.

"Hmm I'll tell you a hundred times if I have to" He inches closer, his nose nudging hers, he knew she loved when he did that and it was visible she did; her hands gripped tighter on his jacket, the apples of her cheeks blushed, her lips tightened in a smile and her eyes shone like diamonds.

"What did you get to eat?" She asks before he gets to kiss her.

"Well" He grins. "We can share it all, I did get a lot; those potato croquets, steak burger, waffle fries, some kinda burrito and two strawberry lemonades"

Ayla's eyes widen. "Are you joking?"

"No I'm not" he chuckles.

"Okay well lets get started, let's take it upstairs" she hops down grabbing the drinks and Shawn grins following behind her.

"Food is the key to my heart" she says without thinking. Shawn smiles to himself, he was definitely getting closer to her.

-
Whilst Ayla worked the bar Shawn was sat on her bed upstairs staring down at his phone, waiting for her text him for when she'll be done.

"Hey, erm should we start closing up now, we're not that busy" Ayla says to Jacob, she was itching to get back to Shawn.

The pair had been so touchy recently, leaving random kisses on whatever part of them was closer, Shawn keeping his hands on her waist and Ayla couldn't deny she loved the feeling.

After that last argument they both wanted to get closer, it was just hard when she was so afraid to get close and Shawn didn't dare pressure her.

"You go up, I got it" Jacob sends her a wink. Ayla embraces him in a tight hug "you're the best" she giggles, then she's off running up to her apartment. Once the door is open she flicks her shoes off and takes the bobble from her hair out, letting it set messily around her shoulders.