Day Dreaming

Epilogue- Part 2

"Thanks mum" Shawn kisses Karen's cheek.

"No worries darling, now go" she chuckles. "Thanks Karen" Ayla hugs her then bends down to a two year old Selene.

"You gonna be good?" Ayla asks Selene.

She nods softly.

"Will mummy and daddy be back?" Her small voice making Ayla's heart glow.

"Of course baby, you go for a nap with grandma then when you wake up we'll be right there" Ayla kisses her cheek getting up. Shawn quickly says goodbye then tugs aylas hand along as they start their evening stroll.

They were back in Canada for two weeks to see Shawn's family, they came back every three months or so.

"Where are we going?" Ayla asks.

"To where we met, well the first time we properly spoke"

"Really? The cafe? I'm surprised it's still there" Ayla chuckles. "Yeah the cafe, I went with Sel the morning we got here, when you were completely knocked out and she loves it there. You won't believe what she wanted to try" Shawn grins.

"Don't tell me she wanted the star shaped cookie? That's what I got!" Ayla giggles excitedly.

"That's exactly what she got... you remember when we met up for the first time, you were so upset that day-"

"Then you came and bought me a hot chocolate, with the whipped cream shaped like a smile. I remember I was so anxious and upset that I couldn't even read the menu-"

"And I read it all for you" Shawn smirks looking down at her. "You know what?" Her eyes glitter with joy.

"What baby?"

"I'm glad that we met the way we did" Ayla says. "And we went through all that we did, all the highs and lows because I feel like I know you, I see you for you, you get me?" She asks as they reach the cafe and stop outside of it.

"I get you" he nods opening the door. Ayla smiles warmly then walks in, taking off her woolly hat and gloves and Shawn copies, shrugging off his puffer jacket as the warmness hits them. They find their booth and she gets in first, Shawn shuffles beside her.

"Wait let me order first" he quickly gets up. "What do you want?" He asks.

"Erm anything warm"

Shawn nods walking away and as he does Ayla rests her chin on her hands, gazing outside dreamily at the set snow.

The skies were dark and stars were twinkling subtly, a half moon on display, the destroyed snow carved with footprints and car tyres. She notices all these details as she gets lost in her thoughts. She was reminiscing on the past years of her life.

And one thought stuck with her; without the ugly she wouldn't have been able to see the beautiful. Without the pain she wouldn't have been able to feel true love.

In a way she was okay with the way everything happened, I mean she's happy now and it's all that matters to her.

She thought with Ace she was happy and she was but the universe lined up its stars in such a bizarre way but it worked.

"Day dreaming eh" Shawn grabs her attention. "The snow looks pretty" She says facing him. His arm goes around her shoulders and she unconsciously puts her legs over his huge thigh, she knew no one could see them.

"I think Selene loves it here" Shawn says. "She does, I think that erm you love it here too, don't you?" Ayla asks.

"I do but I'd go anywhere if you were there" he says honestly.