19. Her Nightmare

Lucknow, India

Meera stood in the balcony, lost in her reverie. A week had passed since Rajat and Sapna had arrived. This one week she had spent with them, made her feel alive. They accepted everything she said, they did what she wanted them to do.  She felt loved, cared for. 

Aryan. This one week they had talked a lot. Talked about nothings. They had not touched the topics which could hurt the other. But still they had talked - about their friends, about their school and college life. She could see the change in Aryan. He was not the arrogant man she knew. But there was one thing which she always knew, one thing which had not changed. The pain that she had always noticed in Aryan's eyes, it was still there. She wanted to take it away but then he would not talk about it.

This one week she had also noticed the changing equations between Sapna and Rajat. She could see their closeness. It was like they were again falling in love. Meera loved to see their secret chemistry but at the same time she felt guilty for spoiling their relation.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Aryan. "What are you thinking about?" he asked. There was something in his voice that frightened her. She looked at him, worry written on her face. Aryan sighed. He did not want to do this. But he had no other option. He led Meera to the living room.

Living Room

As Meera entered the living room, she froze. No, they can't come here. She looked at Aryan and found him already looking at her. She tried to read his eyes but could not. She looked at Rajat and Sapna. Rajat was talking to their father while Sapna held his hands in hers. Meera moved forward and was greeted by Rakesh Kapoor. "Finally she is here. How much will you hurt me? I am a heart patient for God's sake," he said. Rajat tried to stop him but was stopped himself. "Dad....," she tried to say. But her father cut her, "First you did not want to marry according to our decision, then you bring disgrace to our family and now my son lied to me because of you.

Was he even her father? He was seeing his daughter after five years and was throwing baseless accusations at her. Clenching his fists at these thoughts, Aryan moved forward and shouted at the old man. He was tired of his stupid behaviour and was determined to put some sense into him. Rajat joined him, supported by Sapna. But what no one noticed was that amidst their banter, Meera had disappeared.

On the Road

Meera ran as hard she could. She did not want to stay in their presence. She hated them. She hated them to the core. She could never forgive them for her miseries. She kept on running as if her life depended on it. But was suddenly stopped. Someone held her hand and tried to drag her. She looked at him, expecting to find Aryan but was shocked to see two masked men. Scream escaped her lips as Meera tried to free herself from their grip. The passersby looked at her but no one dared to come forward. No one but one.

Her saviour marched forward and punched the two men on their faces. A few punches more and they were running for their life. Meera looked at the man who had saved her and exclaimed, "Dhruv bhai!!" Dhruv looked at her and said, "Bhabhi, what are you doing here? And why were you running like this?" Meera looked at him and sobbed hard. Dhruv hugged her protectively and listened to her tale.

______________________________________________

So, how is it?

Do vote, comment and share....

~Purnima