Episode 3

THIS EPISODE WAS THE MOST EMOTIONAL ONE IN THE WHOLE SHOW, IT WAS SUCH A TEAR-JERKER AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL. WOW.

   MARY DYING IS SO SAD AND UNEXPECTED, I SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING WHEN SHE WAS SO PRECIOUS THE LAST EPISODE. I wasn't sure if the kite at the end was symbolizing her death or if she's going to die in the next episode, but I really hope there's some kind of miracle where she survives, she's been in the show for such a short time and she's so lovely. It does seem like they are leading up to her death though, like the way they were showing all the other women with Delphine, it looks like they will end up being her mother figures. Still, imma be so angry at the writers if they kill her off.

   I love how they make fun of Gilbert's cooking, lol.

   MATTHEW AND DELPHINE ARE AN ICONIC DUO, he's so cute when he's awkwardly carrying her around and showing her the animals on the farm. He really is so wholesome and precious and too good for this world.

   Matthew takes the baby all the way up the stairs and Marilla brings her right back down lol.

   I'M SO GLAD GILBERT IS GOING BACK TO NORMAL (sort of, I know he's mourning) BUT HIS ACTING AND HIS DYNAMIC WITH ANNE IS SO MUCH BETTER, I LOVE THE WAY THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER! I'm still worried they'll add some drama with Miss Rose later, I know he sort of ignored her, but it was a life or death situation. ANNE COMFORTING HIM WAS SO GREAT, it shows how she's really learned from her mistakes and grown as a person (since his dad's funeral). AND WE GOT A SHIRBERT HUG. I REPEAT, WE GOT A SHIRBERT HUG. It was so beautiful and I love how she initiated it and the way they held each other, uwu. AND HIM SAYING "beautiful" but looking at her aaaaggghh so good!

   I feel so sad for Bash, but like, could he not answer his dying wife's request? (When he didn't want to go looking for Elijah so he could stay with her). And WHY didn't Gilbert say "his mother is dying" instead of "urgent family business", then Elijah would have come out and gotten to go see Mary, urgh, it's annoying. And then maybe Gilbert could have gotten his dad's stuff back, but maybe something will happen in the next episode with that.

   Josie, shut up with your racist comments please, I want to like you.

   RUBY AND MOODY YESSS MY SHIP! I think in A Fortunate Lily Maid I actually predicted her crying and him giving her a handkerchief, lol. I love her saying "It's true. I am beautiful when I cry... or so I've been told" (who would tell her that?😂), she's a bean and I love how Diana and Anne just smile and laugh a bit.

   Jane was so cute too, when they were using the printing press.

   Charlie patting Moody on the back like a good bro, we stan.

   Jerry helping Matthew, yay.

   Mary's advice to Gilbert about marrying for love is great, maybe she should have been more specific and screamed "ANNE, YOU IDIOT!" because he's almost as oblivious as Anne, but I was too busy crying to worry about that. (Him thanking her for bringing love into his house really got me). Also "I appreciate you, Gilbert Blythe" is a mood. It's so sad how Gilbert never knew his mother, has a sort of mother figure (except he and bash are like brothers, so is she like his sister in law?), and then he's losing her too. AND HE HAD TO BE THE ONE TO TELL HER, my heart is breaking. :(

   Mary saying "I don't want to die" was so sad, I hate and love this show at the same time.

   Anne getting to help another potential orphan girl know about her mother is wonderful, and her saying that he and Delphine are "kindred in a way she never knew before" or something like that, was so sweet. 💗

   WE STAN JOCELYN AND CONTANCE. I was laughing through my tears when she's like "don't cry, be strong for Mary" and then she starts crying 2 seconds later. 😂

   It was really nice to see some of the people in Avonlea are becoming more accepting, like the Barry's, but we can see Rachel is still prejudiced towards the indigenous people, which is accurate for her character and the time, but hopefully we'll see her change further and realize they don't need "saving" from their culture and ways of life. It was lovely to see all those people coming together as a community for Mary, even though they were from different backgrounds and that was rare in that time period, they were still developing friendships and saying goodbye to her in a beautiful way. This episode was very bittersweet.

   I don't know much about the history of these schools, but from what I do know it sounds horrific, I really hope Ka'kwet will be okay if she does end up going. Anne and Gilbert seem to be getting her excited about it, which could make her feel betrayed when it ends up being really bad, but we'll see.

   DELPHINE WAS SO ADORABLE WITH THE FLOWER CROWN AWW.

   Minnie May saying she looks like a chocolate sweet and then there being this awkward silence oh my goodness 😂. Thankfully that ended okay.

   THE CAST SINGING IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL WAS SO BEAUTIFUL (I know I keep saying that, but that's what this episode was) CHILLS AND TEARS WOW.

   I also hope this episode makes people finally edit, Bash and Mary/ Mary/ Ruby and Moody.

  Comment your thoughts/feelings on this episode!