Chapter 11

I brushed my light curls with my fingers as I looked at my reflection in the mirror of the toilet. My eyes were dull, drained from any happy emotion whatsoever, my lips turned downwards.

Wow. Did I really look that sad?

I glanced at the white strapless dress that suited my body quite well. I wished. I put on my glasses and left the bathroom with a sigh.

Jason and Sienna were gone for another weekend, they didn't tell me where exactly, but Sienna had mentioned something about her grandparents again. I couldn't help, but compare them. They were twins but nothing alike. As Jason was cold and distant like his brother, Sienna was sweet and charming. Either way, these few days, they both barely slept in the dorm. Most of the time, they would stay at their grandparents' house--mostly in the weekends, but still, there were more days they would spend in the Academy than with their family. It was confusing to know that two little kids were brought up and down, a home to call where? Why didn't Casper take them in his house? Why did they have to stay here?

I sighed, knowing I will never get answers.

As soon as I stepped in the hallway connected with the pool--where the party was happening, strangers' happy faces greeted me. A pool party was organized by the principal himself, and the purpose was supposed to be for the students to get their minds off school for a night.

I scoffed. Yeah right. Casper doesn't give a damn for anyone. I tell you this because of the policy he put. If anyone missed the party and didn't attend, there would be consequences. He had something in his mind, didn't he?

Weird.

A message popped up on my phone screen, and I checked it. Nothing important, just a stupid notification. As I locked my phone with a sigh while checking myself on the black screen, I noticed something was missing.

I opened the camera quickly, gasping at the sight. I forgot to put makeup on again!

Then, as reality sunk in, anxiety vanished completely from my system and I relaxed. Charles knew my whereabouts now, he always had. There was no point in hiding myself. Perhaps, I still had my glasses on.

At the mention of his name, I couldn't help but think of the previous events. Either way, what stuck into my mind all day was the way I ended up in my room. I didn't remember making it to the dorm alone. I remembered nothing after Nick dropped me off and my little encounter with asshole Casper.

So how the hell did I end up waking up in my bed?

"Is that you?"

Deja vu.

I shaked out of my reverie, and made sense of the stranger's words. I didn't move, nor breathe. Even if I sensed someone standing behind me, I was too afraid to turn around and check.

Now who was that!? I groaned internally.

"Grace?" Thank goodness. I sighed in relief and turned around to identify the person calling me.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit!

A blonde--a very knowing blonde, skinny girl was staring at my back with hope, but as soon as she saw my face, her features changed.

"You are not Grace!" She accused me, as I froze in place, not knowing what to do or say.

"Listen-"

"No, you listen! What are you doing here!?"

My eyes got wide from her harsh tone. I noticed people throwing us curious glances, as they passed by us, so I had to act quickly.