Chapter 14

'Gather your senses Grace. The twins are on their way.'

His words played over and over again through my head as his cold hard gaze remained on the trees outside--meanwhile, my nerves could burst out of my skin as Casper seemed to completely ignore me. As if I was some kind of toy he played with whenever he felt like it.

A toy, I wasn't. And I would want to prove that to whoever thought I was.

I looked over at him with the deadliest glare I could ever master, and also thought of pushing him off the window. I could say he slipped and fell.

Calm down. No need to go to jail.

I took a deep breath and was about to start screaming at him when the door burst opened and little Sienna came running inside when her eyes noticed Casper.

"Boo!"

She screamed and was about to run into his arms, when the door burst opened again, and an angry little version of Casper barged in, without greeting any of us.

"Jason." Casper returned his cold gaze back to the so interesting trees outside, as he spoke his brother's name.

Sarcasm intended.

Jason stopped in his tracks. "What?"

I had a feeling something had happened from the way Sienna also remained silent--something strange of her nature.

"Where were you?"

A respond he didn't have, so his little sister looked at him in worry--as if trying to communicate through her eyes with him, wanting to help him out.

"I was with Maya."

That was it. No other explanation. A poor blank answer directed to the stone-hearted wolf.

Sienna looked between the two boys and tried to ease the tension. "I would have gone too but I wanted to meet you-"

"Who is Maya?" Casper asked him, interrupting Sienna--not showing even the slightest bit of emotion.

"A friend of mine." He responded.

I had never seen such a heartless conversation between two brothers before, in my entire life. It has never crossed my mind that such lack of emotion could exist between siblings. Was that considered normal? I don't remember how my family used to be--but from what I have heard, families were the happiest and the most lovable with each other.

Jason caught my attention as he made his way towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him with a loud thud.

What was wrong with them? Did they get into a fight?

I couldn't help but compare them. It was so astounding watching two storms fight with one other everyday and the sun blinding them both with its shiny rays. She was what kept them in balance. The sun. No day could pass by without it rising in the morning, signalizing the start of a new beautiful day. It was what kept human kind sane.

Giggling noises turned me back to reality and what I saw, startled me to be honest. I noticed Sienna and Casper hugging each other tightly, while he whispered at her something I couldn't quite hear. But what I could do, was stare at Casper's smile-his gorgeous bright toothy grin, coming right from his heart and full of light. Smiling suited him so well, it made him look even more attractive than he already was. It would be beautiful having the chance to see it more often, but I didn't expect much from him when he was with me.

He never smiled in my presence.

Casper tickled Sienna and my attention focused on his lips. The way they turned upwards as he smiled at his sister, not caring of his surroundings-only for his sister's happiness.