Chapter 16

I sniffed up my nose, feeling ten times more vulnerable than needed. Looking up at Casper's eyes, my heart stung deeply; his rage and upsetnes overwhelming me to its finest.

I felt overly confused with myself and Casper--but mainly with him. He was asking--no, ordering me to work for him in order to keep my secret safe.

My biggest secret as he claimed.

Huh.

"Let me go, please." I begged.

He scoffed at my words, chuckling bitterly. "Now why would I do that?"

I narrowed my eyes. "You won Casper. You found out my secret, what is left to do now?"

At my words, he fell dead silent, making me look up at him in curiosity at his abrupt silence. His eyes turned darker than murk, colder than ice and more dangerous than danger itself. And then with a swift move, his body attached with mine, his hands not even close to touching me.

I let out a quiet gasp, my heart almost dropping from the high adrenaline. "Wh-"

He cut me off by leaning in, twirling his fingers through my hair from the back, and stretching it harshly upwards for me to look at him.

I let out a whimper.

"Dare speak to me again for who won and lost, we will need to talk differently." He clenched his jaw as he searched my eyes. "And you won't like it one bit."

"As if I'm liking it now." I admitted and he scoffed.

He spared me a glance one last time, before he released me from his tight grasp and distanced himself away from me.

"You know, you should have pursued a career in acting. You would gain so much success."

I clenched my jaw, wondering if he was playing me. "With clues you talk, but you give away nothing."

"Follow me." He stated and walked away, leaving me frozen in place, doubting if I should really do that-

"Now!"

I rushed behind him immediately.

***

Casper passed me a glass of wine while we stood silently near the pool.

I accepted the drink, and gulped it down all at once, and I'll be damned if I say I didn't see a small smile form on his lips.

Since Casper revealed he knew my real identity, he told me we would discuss every detail tomorrow, which included a contract. I had asked him why we would need a contract which he replied with a simple sentence: I can't trust you won't try and run. And of course I thanked him for such a kind compliment.

I bet Casper must be thinking why I was remaining so calm--calmer than I should have been. As if the person who I despised deeply didn't just find out my biggest secret.

Well…

Suddenly, I noticed Casper freeze in place as his body tensed up from his toes right up to his head. Looking down at me, he rushed closer and wrapped his arm around my shoulders without a warning. I widened my eyes in surprise and instantly tried to push him away, but his cold gaze told me otherwise.

A short but muscular man in his middle fortys appeared walking towards us with a big smile directed at Casper. And as he approached us slowly, his face begun getting quite familiar to me.

"Leroy is one of my closest friends, little Scar. He will be your teacher." I looked at the man in front of me with wide eyes. "Don't disappoint me." He pushed me harshly to the man before me without my will.