Chapter 17

"I'll show you what real masculinity is."

His words echoed like venom in my ears as they slowly begun to sunk in. While common sense seemed to vanish from the locked library of my chaotic brain, Casper was winning the battle.

What are you doing Scarlett!? Are you letting the person you hate most kiss you!?

Yes?

Why!?

I-I…

Wake up! You're letting your guard down!

It seemed as if my body got electrocuted to reality, since it shook me off my frozen shocked state. I didn't let his lips rest on mine more than ten seconds--which was a daunting task since what he did, was certainly something I did not expect.

Without wasting any more time, I pushed him off me and with wide shocked eyes--I stared. Stared at his startled expression when the small palm of my hand met with his cheek.

The tension seemed to rise, the air thickening and if a pin would have dropped, the spacious dead silent room would have been filled with noise.

I blinked a few times at what I have done, breathing short deep gulps of air while the room remained silent. As if an apocalypse engulfed us and we couldn't utter a word. No word from my lips that now felt cold and bare. Only silence.

Deadly agonizing silence.

From the confused daze I found myself trapped in, I could only catch a glimpse of Casper touching his hurt cheek and blinking, before he clenched his jaw and bored his dangerous cold eyes onto mine. The piercing whistle in my ears slowly faded. as I began to comprehend what was happening.

My heart dropped and I took a step back--feeling overly overwhelmed by his tempting posture, and gulped the formed lump in my throat while keeping my eyes glued at his.

"What-" his voice came out deep and raspy, the rage visible in his vocal cords. "-was that you did?"

My mind was foggy. A haze inside, as I tried helplessly to find the right words. I then took a deep breath, feeling flustered.

"No-w-what did you do?" I managed to stutter. "I-I…I didn't give you permission to kiss me."

"I don't need it."

I raised my eyebrows. "You do need it, and trust me when I say you will never get it."

Proud I should be feeling that I had successfully spoken a proper sentence without murmuring and stuttering like a shy girl. That until of course Casper, ruined it by striding quickly towards me and pinning me once again against the cold bare wall.

"Scarlett!" He growled in a warning.

I blocked any sign of fear take me over and crush me, by spitting the next sarcastic words. "You seem so fond of my name. You got used to it pretty quickly, didn't you?"

"Stop it!" He growled, his eyes burning with flaming fire.

I glared at him, ignoring the stressful sweat building up my neck; the tingling sensation when it reached my shoulders. I felt like a machine that was accidentally turned on and no one was there to turn me off. And it would continue to work, until it broke down by overly using it.

"Stop what? You were the one who crushed my boundaries with not a care in the world, and now you are ordering me to stop?" I asked in disbelief, before snapping. "Why should I stop!?"

For him to shout, to hurt, to glare at me and offend me--that I expected. Now what I didn't expect--not even in my wildest dreams, was his lips on mine for the second time.