'I'm fine.'

~~~~
Deku's POV
~~~~
Shoji and I launched towards each other. I had one-for-all and he had six arms. I then focused my energy and landed a hit on him. He was weakened, but was still standing. Then he kept extending his arms so he could trap me. And he managed to trap me. I struggled for a bit and I then almost gave up. But then my eyes landed on Kacchan. He didn't have his usual blank expression on his face. He looked worried. Why? But then all of a sudden I found some strength to fight. I focused my energy and wiggled out of Shoji's grasp. Then I kicked him and he went a few steps backwards and I knew I had to get him out of the circle now. I kept kicking until eventually mr. Aizawa whistled, meaning I won.

"Okay, you can have a ten minute break now." Mr. Aizawa said. I sat down on the bench, alone. Then I looked up and saw Kacchan approaching me. What was happening? I wanted to know why he was approaching me. He hates me. But before he could reach me Uraraka and Iida jumped infront of me.

"So, we're all advancing to the next round." Iida said and I nodded lightly. I looked through the small space between them and saw Kacchan walking away. God damnit. I guess I'll have to wait now.

"We might end up going against each other in the end." Uraraka said and I nodded. "May the best one win." She said with a cute smile on her face. They stuck around me for the rest of our break. Eventhough I wanted to see why Kacchan wanted to supposedly talk to me, I couldn't just ditch friends.

"Okay. Let's continue. Let's see who's the best." Mr. Aizawa said. I knew it was Kacchan. We didn't even have to compete. Kacchan is going to win.

1st round: Todoroki vs Yaoyorozu
2nd round: Kirishima vs Jiro
3rd round: Bakugo vs Iida
4th round: Tokoyami vs Uraraka
5th round: Ojiro vs Midoriya

"First up, Todoroki versus Yaoyorozu." Mr. Aizawa announced and the two mentioned got in the circle. They heard the whistle and started fighting. Even though Todoroki is much stronger, Yaoyorozu was successfully blocking most of his attacks. But Todoroki knew she couldn't keep up forever so he decided to wear her out. Once she was getting slower and slower he froze her in place. Mr. Aizawa whistled and Todoroki melted the ice.

"You put up a good fight Yaoyorozu." Todoroki said to her. She just nodded.

Then Kirishima and Jiro were in the circle fighting. Jiro used her sound waves, but Kirshima blocked them out by pressing his rock hard hands on his ears. Then he ran behind her and pushed her out of the circle.

"Kirishima wins." Mr. Aizawa said and the next two went into the circle. It was Kacchan and Iida.

"This is so exciting. Even though it's just practice. It's really interesting." Uraraka said to me. "Who do you think will win?" She asked. I thought about it. Iida is my friend and I obviously want him to win, but there is absolutely no way that he could win against Kacchan. I then shrugged.

"I don't know. It could go either way." I said, looking at her. She just nodded as her smile faltered. The battle began. I examined both of them. Kacchan then calmly walked towards the middle and turned towards Iida. He shot at him. Iida obviously dodged. Kacchan then just kept turning and shooting. I knew what he was doing. He was throwing explosions everywhere so that Iida couldn't see where he was going and would sprint out of the circle. But by doing that he was also blocking the view. None of us could see what was happening. But then he finally stopped. Slowly the resedue disappeared and Iida was standing outside of the circle. Mr. Aizawa whistled.

"Bakugo wins." He simply said and Bakugo walked out like nothing just happened. He sat on the bench alone. Again. Something was definitely going on, but he didn't want to tell me. Now Uraraka and Tokoyami were going into the circle and Iida approached me. He looked defeated.

"Iida, don't be sad. You did good." I said, trying to cheer him up.

"I'm not sad that I lost. I'm not sad at all. I'm just surprised that Bakugo won, without hitting me once. That's not like him. He usually goes all out when it comes to battles. I just felt like it wasn't really a real battle." He explained and I nodded. I guess he's right. Bakugo always goes all out. He never holds back. Then we heard the sound of mr. Aizawa's whistle and that meant that Tokoyami and Uraraka began their battle. At first Tokoyami was attacking and Uraraka was dodging, but Uraraka was dodging in a way that she was taking slow steps towards him at the same time. Then she got close enough to grab his arm and right as she was about to pin him to the ground, the dark shadow landed a hit on her. She took a few steps back as she tried to get back to her senses. It began all over again. Just that this time Tokoyami was prepared. He emerged into his dark shadow and grabed her arm. He quickly pinned her to the ground, winning the battle.

"Holy shit. I was not expecting that." The words slipped out of my mouth and I looked at Iida. He had an angry look on his face.

"Watch your language, Midoriya." He said angrily. Then Kacchan showed up.

"Leave him be. Deku has to fight now." He said to Iida. Then he turned to face me. "You better win so I can beat you in the finals." He said in a serious tone. I nodded before going into the circle. I was against Ojiro. I don't think it's gonna be a hard fight to win, but it's also not gonna be easy. I entered the circle.

"The last battle in the second round is Ojiro versus Midoriya." Mr. Aizawa said. I looked at Kacchan. He was watching closely, yet I feel like he wasn't paying attention at all.

"C'mon Deku. You've got this!" I heard Uraraka say right before I heard the whistle. Ojiro went straight into offense. I had to dodge for a while. Then when I finally found some space to breathe I focused my energy. Then I launched towards him, trying to get a hold of his tail. It took me some time, because he kept dodging, but then I finally grabbed it and I slammed Ojiro against the ground. Mr. Aizawa whistled.

"Midoriya advances to the final round." He said as I helped Ojiro up.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and he smiled lightly.

"You did good." He said to me.

"You too." I replied. We walked out of the circle.

"The final five will face off against each other. The fight will begin in five minutes. Prepare yourselves." Mr. Aizawa said. I was against Todoroki, Kacchan, Kirishima and Tokoyami. I was a little scared.

"Deku, you did it!" Uraraka said happily.

"Good job. Rebet." Tsu said. I smiled at them.

"Tsu, you went out in the first round. I'm so sorry." I said, giving her an apologetic look.

"It was my mistake. I wasn't watching where I was stepping. Rebet." She simply said. I then left them and prepared for the final battle. It's gonna be tough. I saw Todoroki preparing himself. Tokoyami was also getting ready to fight. Kirishima was talking to Denki. And then I saw Kacchan. He was sitting on a bench. I decided to ask him what's wrong.

"Kacchan, why aren't you getting ready for the battle?" I asked him. He shrugged. Then he turned to me.

"Tell me, Deku. Do you think I'm the best?" He asked. I looked at him. He had no expression on his face. It wasn't a threat. It was a genuine question.

"Yes Kacchan. You're the best fighter I know. You're better than I'll ever be. But I'm still gonna try my best to beat you." I said and he sighed.

"You just had to put that last part in, didn't you?" He asked, slightly annoyed.

"I... yes?" I said, but it came out as more of a question than a statement. He then chuckled. I've never heard him to that. It was so new. And exciting.

"May the best one win then, I guess." He just said and stood up. He began walking away as I grabbed his arm. He turned to face me as he escaped my grip. "Don't touch me, Deku." He said before I could say anything else.

"Oh, sorry. I just wanted to ask if you're okay. You have been acting... kind of strange lately. I mean, not strange, but like strange for you. Like you aren't yourself. Like you've been-"

"I'm fine." He simply replied, shuting me up.

"It's time for the final battle." Mr. Aizawa announced. Then Kacchan and I made our way to the circle. And everyone else was there already. I have to try my hardest, even if it's just practice. Then mr. Aizawa whistled and the battle began.