One on one exercise

~~~~
Deku's POV
~~~~
I woke up by the sound of my alarm. It's friday. God damnit. I don't want to go to school today. I didn't even want to get out of bed today either. But after a few minutes of contemplating my life I got up and got dressed. I went to the main area to get some breakfast and Denki, Tsu and Shoji were eating.

"Hey, guys." I said in a low voice. They greeted me as I sat down and smeared nutella on my bread. We were eating in comfortable silence until Kacchan showed up. As soon as he noticed he turned around and wanted to go back to his room, but Denki stopped him.

"Hey, Bakugo. Come sit with us." He suggested and Kacchan glared at him.

"Nah, I don't really wanna eat with losers." He said and walked off. I was sad, honestly. I thought he maybe finally wanted to be friends with me after yesterday, but I guess maybe that wasn't the case. I then dropped the thought of Kacchan and finished my breakfast. Then I went to school with Kaminari, Shoji and Tsu. When we got to the classroom Iida, Uraraka and Yaoyorozu were already there.

"Hey, guys!" Uraraka greeted us.

"Why are you in school so early?" Shoji asked. Yaoyorozu shrugged, but Iida spoke up.

"I'm the class rep. I need to be responsible and always be here before everyone else." He said and Kaminari slightly rolled his eyes. Then everyone else slowly started coming in. Soon mr. Aizawa also showed up and we started class.

"Today we're going to work on your quirks. With a little competition. One on one." Mr. Aizawa said and the class started cheering. Then he led us out on the field. "Your opponent will be picked randomly. The winner advances to the next round. The loser is eliminated." He explained and then pointed to a white circle. "You will be fighting in that circle. The first one to step out or end up on the ground is eliminated." He added and we nodded. Then the opponents were picked.

1st round: Todoroki vs Sero
2nd round: Yaoyorozu vs Asui
3rd round: Ashido vs Kirishima
4th round: Kaminari vs Jiro
5th round: Bakugo vs Mineta
6th round: Iida vs Aoyama
7th round:  Koda vs Tokoyami
8th round: Uraraka vs Hagakure
9th round: Sato vs Ojiro
10th round: Midoriya vs Shoji

First up were Todoroki and Sero. They entered the circle. I think everyone was expecting Todoroki to win. Sero included. Mr. Aizawa whistled and Sero already attacked. He shot his tape on Todoroki, but he blocked it with his ice. This reminds me of the sports festival. These two were also against each other. But Sero lost that time. Can he pull out a win this time? Then Todoroki shot ice at him. Sero tried to dodge, but couldn't. He was trapped in his ice. Again.

"Sero's been immobilized. Todoroki wins." Mr. Aizawa said as Todoroki melted the ice. Then Yaoyorozu and Asui stepped into the circle and prepared for their fight. When they heard the whistle they began. Asui used her tongue to try and trap Yaoyorozu in it, but she created a shield. Asui grabbed the shield instead of Momo and had to throw it out of the circle. That gave Yaoyorozu time to make a big metal rod. She then ran towards Asui and smacked her side. Asui trembled, but didn't fall. She then jumped forward when mr. Aizawa whistled. We all looked at him, confused. "Asui has stepped outside of the boundaries. Yaoyorozu wins." He said and we all looked at Tsuyu. She had one foot outside of the circle.

Next up were Mina and Kirishima. Mr. Aizawa whistled and the battle began. Mina was shooting her acid at Kirishima, but he was blocking her every move with his arms as he was taking steps towards her. Then he reached her and simply pushed her out of the circle. Mr. Aizawa whistled.

Then Kaminari and Jiro entered the circle. The battle began. Kaminari shot his electricity at her, but she simply moved to the side and dodged. Then she extended her earphone jacks to her legs and shot out strong sound waves. He was taking steps backwards, until finally mr. Aizawa whistled, signaling that Kaminari stepped out of the circle. He looked defeated and Kirishima patted his back when he reached us.

Now it was time for Bakugo and Mineta to fight. And honestly, I was rooting for Kacchan. There's no way that Mineta could win against Kacchan. Not even I can win against him. Kacchan is the best fighter I know.

They entered the circle and I could hear Kacchan say: "I'm gonna kill you, you little pervert." Mineta started shaking. He's just a big cry baby. I hope he goes down. Mr. Aizawa whistled and Kacchan immidiately launched towards Mineta. He ran around in the circle, crying and begging for Kacchan not to kill him. Then suddenly Kacchan stopped running and just stood there, motionless. What happened?

"Kacchan! Why did you stop?!" I shouted out and he turned his head in my direction. He had an angry look on his face, but I saw a tear drip down his face. No one else seemed to notice that.

"Shut up... Deku." He said in a low voice. Mineta took that chance and started throwing balls furiously at Kacchan. He quickly reacted to that and dodged. He came to his senses and prepared to use his special move on Mineta.

"Bakugo, stop. Please don't kill me." Mineta pleaded, but it was useless. He shot his special move at Mineta and it knocked him far out of the circle. Mr. Aizawa whistled. Kacchan still just stood there for a few seconds when he finally started walking out of the circle. He sat down on a bench, far away from everyone.

Iida and Aoyama went into the circle. I went over to check on Kacchan as mr. Aizawa whistled.

"What happened Kacchan?" I asked as I was walking towards him. He glared at me as I sat down next to him.

"Iida wins the round." I heard mr. Aizawa say. I wasn't surprised.

"Go away, Deku. I don't wanna see you." He said quietly, it was almost like a whisper.

"But I wanna know what happened. I wanna know what's going on with you lately. You haven't been yourself." I said, hoping he would just let his guard down for at least a few minutes.

"Why do you even care, Deku? Go hang out with your friends, just leave me alone. Damnit!" He cried out, tears streaming down his face. He looked really miserable, but I knew I wouldn't get any answers out of him. I just went back to the rest. Koda and Tokoyami were mid-fight, but it definitely looked like Tokoyami was about to win. And then it happened. Tokoyami pushed Koda out of the circle.

Now Uraraka and Hagakure were entering the circle. Uraraka couldn't really see Hagakure, but she still kept fighting. Whenever she felt something she would either float herself in the air or try to grab her. And then she eventually grabbed her and quickly pinned her down to the ground. Mr. Aizawa whistled.

Uraraka approached me, excited. "That internship with Gunhead paid off." She said and smiled at me. I smiled lightly at her.

Mr. Aizawa whistled. Sato and Ojiro began fighting. Sato ate some sugar and Ojiro took that chance and hit him with his tail. The sugar was knocked out of his hand. Then Ojiro kept laying hits on Sato until he fell to the ground. Mr. Aizawa whistled, signaling that Ojiro won.

"And lastly, Midoriya versus Shoji." Mr. Aizawa said. Shoji and I went into the circle. I looked over to where Kacchan was and him looking at the me. He didn't pay attention to any other fight, but this one. Then he stood up and made his way slowly towards the group of others that were watching. Then mr. Aizawa whistled. It was time to win.