chapter thirty-two

It was two weeks later and our trip to London and Ireland was all planned. Liam had booked our plane tickets and hotel rooms. We were going to be gone for three weeks total, spending half the time in each place. It was quite a long trip, but I was able to get work off and Liam was on his semester break.

"You can't seriously think that you're going to get all of this in your suitcase," Liam said, entering our bedroom. I was in the process of packing, which entailed having all the clothes I wanted to pack laid out on the bed.

"You wait and see!" I said, stepping back to look at the piles of clothes. I had never been on such a long trip and I had no idea how much I should bring. Seeing that our whole bed was covered, I realized that I had probably picked too much. I didn't want to admit this to my boyfriend though.

Liam laughed while shaking his head as he walked over to the closet to start packing himself.

An hour later, I had successfully packed enough, leaving about half of what I planned to bring on the bed. Liam had finished packing a while ago, teasing me about how much of a process it was for me. "I don't want to forget anything," I had explained.

Daisy padded into the bedroom as I was setting my suitcase off to the side. "Hey, girl," I said, ruffling her fur. I realized that we were leaving tomorrow and still hadn't made arrangements for her. I couldn't believe how that had slipped my mind.

"Liam!" I called, hoping he could hear me from wherever he was in the apartment.

A few moments later he entered our room and Daisy sauntered over to him. "What is it?" he asked, kneeling down in front of my dog. Daisy licked his face all over, causing Liam to smile widely.

"I completely spaced on finding care for Daisy!"

"Can't you ask Tristan?" he asked, making it seem obvious.

I hadn't spoken to him in quite awhile, for reasons I wouldn't admit to. I hated the fact that he was still with Ivy, but I tried to convince myself that she wasn't such a bad person.

"What is it?" Liam walked over, sensing my hesitation. He cupped my face with one hand and placed the other on my hip. I looked into his warm, concerned eyes.

"I just feel like three weeks is a long time and Tris and I have sort of fallen out of friendship."

"We could always put her in one of those doggy hotels," he suggested.

I shook my head. "I don't trust that. Daisy is like my baby," I said, which Liam knew. I was obnoxiously attached to her.

"Do you want me to call him then?"

"No," I answered quickly. That would be so much worse than me calling him. It would make it seem like I was scared to talk to him. "I'll do it. I just hope he doesn't think I only called him because I needed something. I don't want to use him."

"Maybe ask him to get coffee sometime when we get back then? You guys should catch up." Liam placed a quick kiss on my lips before walking out of the room.

I went over to the bed and sat down on the only small open area. I clicked on Tristan's contact and bit my lip while I waited for him to answer.

"Logan?" he sounded surprised when he answered.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, hoping this would make the conversation less awkward.

"I'm good, I'm good. The bar is good too, but the regulars have missed you. What's up? I haven't heard from you in so long."

"I just wanted to see how you are and Liam and I are going out of town. I was wondering if you could watch Daisy."

"Yeah, I'd love to! When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow..." I told him hesitantly.

"Whoa, that's quick. But I love that dog. Just bring her by whenever. I have the day off so I'll be home."

"Awesome. Thanks Tris, and we should go get coffee or something when I get back. I miss you."

"Yeah I miss you too. See you in a bit!" he said before hanging up. The conversation went far better than I expected but really, I shouldn't have believed it to go badly. Tristan and I worked together for a long time and we had grown quite close.

"All worked out?" Liam asked when I walked into the living room. He was sitting on the couch, watching a soccer game on TV.

"Yeah," I nodded and sat down next to him. I cuddled into him and sighed. I was happy to spend the rest of the night relaxing before going on an adventure with him and our friends. For once, I couldn't wait to see what the future brought.

I feel like this is short but I wanted to update. please vote and comment xx zoe