Chapter 8

Sophie's POV 

There are many different kinds of emotion one can feel when faced in a situation such as mine. Confusion, desperation, fear, but I felt none of that. I felt lost. 

I don't really know where things are going to head after this. There are many different scenarios that could occur. For one Jim was still out roaming the streets. What if he kidnapped another young girl and did the same thing to her as he did me. Or did I just mean that little to him? I don't think so.

I think Jim spent too much time raising me to be the perfect little angel. He always wanted that. so it's too late to give that up because my mate found me.

Tingles shot through my body when I thought of him. Bursting into the room like he had to save someone he didn't even know filled me with warmth.

My hand was swallowed by his as he walked me to his car. He opened the door for me and shut it as lightly as possible, but still shutting it. He got into the drivers seat and started of the car. It didn't scare me as much as it had at first and I'm glad.

I had a million questions in my head for him, but my rule 'Don't speak unless spoken to' stopped me from saying anything.

It was a beautiful day and we were driving along in the thick forest when he finally spoke up.

"You are really quite you know," He said giving me a smile. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eyes and I shrugged.

"Can I ask you a question?" My timid voice tried breaking through the moment of silence. I looked at him and his dazzling smile still played on his lips

"You just did," He chuckled and I felt fear rise in my throat.

"...Oh I'm sorry," I squeaked clamping my mouth shut turning my gaze back out to the scenery.

"No, that was sarcasm. Go ahead," He said getting flustered. I felt really stupid. I don't even know what sarcasm is.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, please go ahead," His gentle voice was like caramel.

"How old are you?" 

"Eighteen," He said without any hesitation. So, that means he's four years older than me. Is that a decent age difference? I mean me and Jim were seventeen years apart. Putting him at age thirty-two, so it's not that bad.

"Is that all you want to know?" He prodded. He wanted me to continue asking questions then. 

I don't mind learning about him I feel like I could get to know him better, but I'm scared I'll ask too many questions. So, I nodded reluctantly.

"Well, then do you mind if I ask you some questions?" I felt like he was talking to me like a child who didn't understand half the words he was saying, and it annoyed me a bit, but I can't help that right now. I deserve it I suppose.

I shook my head.

He asked me what some of my favorite things to do were. I told him reading was my absolute favorite thing. I didn't say that it was because that's all I was really allowed to do, but I think he got the point. He asked my favorite color, food, and a whole bunch of random questions that seemed trivial, until I realized he was piecing together who I was as a person. 

I loved that he wanted to get to know me better, but I felt guilt not knowing things about him. 

I slowly started asking questions of my own. I hoped I didn't push too far, but it seems that every question I asked he answered them with such vigor and excitement. I loved seeing him like that so I asked more and more and he never stopped answering. I fed on every detail hoping to learn as much as possible in that one car ride.