Numb

A/N: what's up pimps, it's ya boi INeverUpdate445 and I just beat the shit out of my fanfic so fucking hard—
on god though it's literally been so many years I'm sO sorry, I'm an adult now and life is hard but I've been rewatching HxH again and the passion has returned. BTW thank you so much for all the feedback, both positive and negative, it really helps. <3 Anyway please excuse the complete difference in writing style! ehehehe

"Are you sure they won't be mad at me?" Killua spoke, still hesitant to return to their hotel room after his outburst earlier. His hands were shaking at the thought of Kurapika and Leorio being upset with him.

Gon smiled at his best friend warmly. "Hey, they're our friends, I know they'll understand." Gon said as he brushed his fingers against Killua's, hoping it would soothe his anxiety just a tad.

Killua immediately felt more relaxed knowing Gon was with him. The white haired boy nodded nervously. Gon was the one who took initiative and opened the door, he knew Killua was hesitant and didn't want to risk another retreat.

Kurapika and Leorio emerged from the kitchen once they heard the young boys close the door to their shared suite. There was almost complete silence in the room, except for the running tap in the kitchen.

Leorio crossed his arms as he awaited a response. Gon lead his bestfriend to the couch as Kurapika rushed back into the kitchen to turn the tap off.

"Well, I'm glad you're both back safe." Kurapika was the first to break the sickening silence. He dried his hands on a cloth as Leorio remained standing. The tallest of the group slowly made his way over to the youngest boys.

With a sigh, Kurapika made his way over to Leorio. "Please go easy on them, you know how hard this must be for them both." The blonde spoke quietly, touching the taller man's arm.

Leorio's expression softened, he and Kurapika sat across from Gon and Killua in silence.

The clock was ticking and the tap was dripping, but there was no sound of conversation. There was a few minutes of intimidating, almost-scary silence before anyone spoke a word.

"I'm sorry." Killua was first to speak, the expression on his face easily gave away how terrified he felt. "What for?" The eldest man asked. The white haired boy hesitated for a moment. "I'm sorry for running out, I-" he inhaled sharply. "I felt overwhelmed... I was scared and it was dumb so I'm sorry I reacted that way."

Kurapika and Leorio exchanged glances briefly.

"There's no need for you to apologise, Killua, Leorio and I talked about it and we're the ones who are sorry. We should've been more respectful and assumed you'd rather have more privacy." Kurapika said, as he turned to Leorio.

"...Yeah, that was a stupid move on my part. I'm meant to be a doctor but I forgot how important confidentiality is." Leorio almost mumbled. Kurapika smiled and turned back to the boys.

Killua let out a shaky breath. "Please don't blame Gon for anything, I'm the one who dragged him out, he didn't want to run away but I forced him so-" "Killua it's okay, no one's in trouble." Kurapika reassured.

"But it's my fault! It feels like I can't do anything right!" The pale boy's voice cracked, he stared at the floor in embarrassment and shame.

"It's really alright, please try to relax." The blonde teenager smiled at Killua before he guided him to the bathroom. "Why don't you take a hot bath, you've had it quite rough these past few days. Some relaxation will do you good."

The small boy nodded and closed the bathroom door behind him. Kurapika turned to Gon once he heard a sound similar to a giggle. "Is something the matter, Gon?" the chain-bearing male asked.