32

Dinner was nothing but uncomfortable for Taehyung. Because of the stranger in the room, Tae had to control his tail and ears, which would constantly twitch due to the tasty food Jin had put on the table.

He flinched again as his tail touched the back of his leg. His tail kept doing that—it would uncurl, scare him and then go back to lying still around his waist.

"Tae?"

Taehyung whipped his head towards the voice. He saw Yoongi look at him, eyes filled with concern for te younger.

"Tae, you ok?"

Lucky for Taehyung, his voice wasn't usually impacted by his embarrassment so he threw a quick 'yes' and continued to eat.

Yoongi on the other hand sensed that something was wrong and was fortunate enough to see his tail peeking out for a second. He glanced at his TA and Jin who were very much so, engrossed in what they were talking about.

He began to zone out before he heard something break. He stared in shock as the salt shaker lay in the ground with half of it broken.

"I'm so sorry!" Namjoon looked at Jin almost ready eyed.

"Whipped," Yoongi thought

"Nah, don't worry about Namjoon," Jin said as he carefully picked up the pieces of porcelain and began cleaning the salt with a smile.

"You're no better," Yoongi eyed the older

Yoongi huffed before getting up, his seat almost toppling behind him.

"Yoongi! Are you leaving?" Tae looked at him with wide eyes and surprise.

Yoongi directed his attention to Taehyung and with a small smile he said, "Can you show me to your bathroom? I wanna wash up, I'm still kind of sleepy."

Tae nodded before getting up himself and led Yoongi to his room, which had a joint bathroom inside.

"Here it is," Tae motioned you the bathroom.

Instead, Yoongi plopped onto the younger's bed like a starfish.

"H-Hyung?"

"You can relax now. We're away aren't we?"

Tae looked shocked for the nth time that day before smiling his usual cheeky smile. He quickly ripped off the beanie and uncurled his tail which was happily swaying behind him. Yoongi cooed and the kid.

"So tell me why it's still there," he pointed to the ears and tail while looking directly into Tae's golden eyes.

"Because Hyung's an ass who likes to scare me to death," he pouted.

While Tae was talking, Yoongi crept closer and touched the younger's sleek, black tail. Tae squealed.

"Hyung! Wha- Why- HUh?!"

"That's cute."

"You're annoying, you know that?"

"C'mere," Yoongi said cuddling the younger on his bed. And for the rest of the evening they stayed like that till both were asleep.

~Elsewhere~

"Was that him?"

"I think so..."

"So the experiment was a success!"

"Not yet, that's only half of what should happen."

"Secure the hybrid. It's time for phase two."