Day 3 (2aa) - Just a friend

When you woke up from your sleep you found it was late morning. Despite being well rested you were still sturring over the conversation you had the other night with Fiona. When you arrived you had more thoughts of Aesop than you have of someone for a long time, some of them being on the lover end whereas the others on the end of friendship. Of course, even just meetimg these people recently you knew you wanted everyone to get through the game tomorrow. You've already built friendships with everyone in the short time you've been here. Friendships. With a big, deep breath and slow release you let go of all your unconcious stress you had built up and came to your conclusion. Over the last few days you realized that Aesop is very socially anxious and doesn't like to be around people more than he had to be but that doesn't mean he wont make good friends, like you for example. You'll consider Aesop as just a friend from this point on and through the game tomorrow you'll do your best to help him out without forcibly inserting yourself. Getting out of bed with your newfound resolution, you made your way to the dining hall like you had the other morning. Everyone was already awake and chatting with the exception of Aesop who was simply in his seat. Politely, you said your good mornings and sat in your seat next to Fiona as she leaned on the table and chatted with Kurt who was next to her. You put yourself in their conversation.
"With the game tomorrow, do you guys have an offical plan on how to meet up and work together?" The other day, they mentioned in the talks wanting to team up to do cypers. The game was explained as requiring 5 cypers to be decoded and with that, powering two exit gates and opening a dungeon to escape back to the manor with. Of course, the game wouldn't be so easy, you'd be hunted by a hunter and if you were put in a chair by him too many times or left there for a certain amount of time you'd be sent back to the manor but with a loss if at least two your teammates didn't escape.
"Actually, I can help us meet up." Fiona turned to you and showed you her holy symbol that she's had with her at all times thoughout the last few days. "This is a key, it can be placed on a structure and when you walk into it you pop out on the other side!" As she explained your mind was absolutely wrecked.
"That's amazing!" You exclaimed.
"There's more!" She twirled it around in her hand. "Every few minutes, I can use it to call out to you guys, as long as you get to a wall I can summon you to me!"
"Like quick travel in a video game!" You figured out what she was getting at. "As long as someone starts out near you, you can use it to summon the third person and we can all work together!" Fiona nodded as you came to your conclusion. You didn't want to leave out Aesop as a friend to decode with but you had a hunch he works better alone. He was paying attention to your conversation but only just listening. Kurt ruffled through a bag he had with him and pulled out a book. "I have this." He started. "I'm not sure how useful it will be but it's a copy of Gulliver's travels, when I read it I can shrink to the size of a lilliputan." When he explained it you became more excited, everyone was so amazing in their own way.
"No, thats perfectly practical! If you happen to be spotted by the hunter you can run and shrink to avoid a chase. If one of us is in a chair you can also use it to hide nearby until the hunter moves on to get a save too." When explained, Kurt's face lit up with a smile. He didnt think of it that way. You glanced over in time to see Aesop hesitating to speak. He was in the middle of a mental battle, deciding if he wanted to pitch in and put himself in the limelight. You gave him a paitent smile which was enough for him to pipe up, explaining that his embalming works by him seeing a person's appearance and copying it with his embalming skills, when your apperance is copied you'll be saved automatically next time your placed in a chair and teleported to where Aesop placed the coffin. "That's amazing too Aesop!" Once you encouraged him, you could see a little red becoming pronounced on his cheeks from under the mask. Flustered Aesop wasn't a new sight but it wasn't one you tired of easily. Through breakfast the talks moved from the oncomming game to scattered topics like dreams that you've had to favorite foods. After breakfast everyone migrated to their own destinations while you caught Aesop in the hall. He didnt seem to be in an anxious hurry this time, he even seemed a little more comfortable with you being the only one around. "Aesop, I've been doing some thinking." You decided to be upfront with your determination to become good friends. "I want to be friends with you. Not just light talk over meal friends but someone you can come to if you have an issue or need help with a project. Friendship is two people though so, I wanted to make sure I'm not overstepping and that you'd want to be friends too." You couldnt help but be nervous with all this honesty, but Aesop didnt get anxious at all.
"I'd like that." He grabbed low on his arm when he said that. With your newfound friendship acceded all your stress about this encounter melted away and you could feel a smile creep on your lips. This felt right.