The game (2) Relationship

Having come so close to confessing your true feelings to Aesop got you to thinking. How should you tell him? It was difficult to get sleep when you thought about everything coming to a close. You wanted to tell him before the game but it didnt work and now, the day of you were left feeling strange and cross. When you woke up, you rolled out of bed and stretched, somehow determined to not only win today but to get your feelings across as well. After getting properly dressed you left your room, your fingers lingering on the handle for a moment longer than usual. Fiona was just leaving her room as well and she noticed you lingering.
"Lets do our best, right?" When she adressed you, your heart skipped a beat.
"Yeah!" You proclaimed in an outward excitement, faking it until you could make it. PMA and all that.
"That's a good attitude to have!" Kurt appeared behind you, a polite smile on his lips. "Don't be so tense, we'll all make it out no matter what!" He was reassuring, patting you on the shoulder. This time you smiled genuinely, gaining that little bit of confidance you needed. When you took another deep breath you reminded yourself to relax and tried your best to release all the tension in your body even as Aesop approached.
"Right!" You took your hand from your door and faced Aesop. "Good morning! Lets do our best!" Positivity was contiguous, leading your teammates to get hyped up with you. Even Aesop smiled under his mask, noding his head at you and allowing Kurt to lead the way to the meeting room, where you'll be waiting for the game to start. As everyone took their seats, you didnt have to wait long before you heard glass behind you crack and shatter, signifying the start of the game. In the blink of an eye, you were in the game, alone and in the second story of a small building. Upon closer examination everything looked oriental. It was actually a full town, bustling with lights but no people. Eversleeping. Lucky for you, there was a cypher on this floor and you gravitated to it until you felt a stange pull. You stopped decoding and turned to the nearest wall, placing your hand flat on it only for symbols and color distortion to sprout from your palm. This was familar! Once it solidified, you stepped through the wall and came out in a cemetery to be faced with Fiona and Aesop. Perfect, just as planned!
"Thank you! I was wondering if you would understand." Fiona had a short celebration before turning her attention back to the cypher that Aesop was working on. Together, the three of you finished it in a matter of seconds and then jumped back through the portal to the cypher you were working on. In the mean time, you heard a second cypher go off right before your third one. This was great progress! You lead the way, jumping from the nearby window and landing safely on the ground, right in front of another undecoded cypher. You were in luck! Aesop however, was not. Unbeknownst to you, the hunter was passing by as everyone jumped down and she scored a solid hit on Aesop's legs.
"Aesop!" You reached out to him only to get smacked forward yourself. This hunter wasnt playing. In a scramble, the three of you dispersed and hid, leaving Aesop in the view of the hunter and Fiona nowhere to be found. When it was safe, you snuck over to the cypher and started working on it. This hunter was beautiful but confusing. She had a mask and fan. A Geisha? This was new territory.  You were focused on decoding but not enough that you didnt notice Aesop getting knocked down beside you. Not good. With a shock to the fingers you pulled away from the cypher and crouched nearby. Aesop hasn't had the opportunity to get his coffin so when he's placed on the chair his timer will start. Behind you, another cypher went off. That only meant one more. You ignored the partially done cypher though, focused on Aesop as he struggled in his chair. The Geisha wasnt moving, hovering over Aesop like he was a child who needed to be watched. Was she that desperate? Regardless you took a deep breath and charged in, taking only moments to untie him under her nose but getting knocked down in his place. "Run!" You Shouted after him and he listened, running to a small whirl of wind and being lifted out of view to a safe location. You we sweapt up too, but by the hunter as she placed you in the chair to replace Aesop. Just as before, she stood unmoving, watching you intently as you struggled. You heard the final cypher go off and a smile crept on your lips. While she was busy watching you, they had completed the last cypher and healed up. There was no way she could win.
"They're leaving. You lose." You looked up bitterly to the Geisha but your words were returned with only scilence. When you heard a nearby exit gate open your heart beat a little faster. Your timer was almost up, so she left you for that brief few seconds. Seconds you used to look around and see...Aesop. He came for you, but he wasn't fast enough and the chair took off as he grasped desperately for you. Even through the spiral upward you could see the shock and pain in Aesop's eyes as he watched you rocket up, his brows knit and his hand still outstretched. When the swirling stopped and your vision returned to you you realized you were back in the manor, in your bed. You were back, but what about the others? As you rushed to sit up, your door flung open. Aesop seemed out of breath as he looked at you, his mask off and hanging from his ear. He said your name slowly, straightening himself up when he saw you were awake. Fiona and Kurt were both behind him, relieved to see you safe.
"Did you all make it out?" You tried to get out of bed but Aesop stopped you, moving to the side of your bed and holding you in a hug. Your cheeks flushed pink.
"We did. The Geisha chased Fiona and me out of the gate and Aesop had to take the hatch." Kurt smiled while he spoke. You nearly teared up, wrapping your arms back around Aesop while he held you. This was uncharacteristic but not unwelcome.
"I'm glad." With a sigh, you smiled. You had no doubt they'd make it but it was still a huge relief to hear and see.
"Why did you trade me places?" Aesop's voice was shaky next to your ear. You opened your eyes to see Fiona lead Kurt away, to give you time to answer. Was Aesop worried?
"I..." You had to pull away from him, clearing your throat. "I couldn't just watch you struggle and do nothing about it." As you spoke, you felt your heart spike in anxiety. "Because I like you. A lot." You couldnt bear to look Aesop's eyes. This was as close as a confession you were going to get and you knew that. Aesop was quiet at first, but then he ran his fingers through his hair and sat on the bed next to you with a heavy exhale.
"I see." That response made you all the more nervous. "I thought as much but...To....hear you say it..." He was having trouble coming up with words. As you finally looked to see his face, it was a blushing pink. He was embarrassed. You felt your anxiety melt but your heart didnt slow. Was something wrong with you? You tried to find another place to look but the more your eyes darted around the room the more embaressed you became. "I...Like you too. You're not too pushy and...You take a genuine interest in me." He scratched his cheek while he spoke and finally got around to looking at you again. He was so handsome....Especially when he looked at you. He raised his hand and turned your attention to him by placing it on your cheek, almost forcing eye contact before leaning in and boldly giving you a kiss. A quick, forward kiss but a satisfying one still.
Does this mean you're together? Absolutely. Aesop doesnt kiss just anyone.