Our relationship grows- Chapter 5

"Mr. Freeman?!" I shout

"Yes... your mother said that it would be best if the detention thingy was confidential, for some reason, so instead, I came here!"

I knew what my mom did. She tried to make our relationship grow! What a good mother... (sarcasm intended).

"Right, I think she was too humiliated by the fact that an all A student got a D..." I manage

"Hmm," he said. I invited him in and my mom came simultaneously.

"Oh, thank you, sir, for coming here on short notice."

"You're welcome!"

"Well, Michelle, take him to your room!"

"But--"

"Just do it!" my mom hissed, and I quickly did so.

"Wow, such a nice room you have!" Mr Freeman said.

"Thank you, Mr. Freeman."

"No problem."

"Um, here is my letter!"

"Oh yes..." He read it and gave it back to me, saying: "It is actually good! It deserves an A, but I don't know why--"

"That is what Owen said!"
"Really..."

"Yes, Mr Freeman! Thank you for supporting his claim. Can you just say it in front of Mr Dean?"

"Of course..." he said, and grew a bit angry... I don't know why...

After some awkward minutes, my mom barged in, and as if she caught us, she said:

"So sorry if I disturbed you, but some snacks!"

She handed us some biscuits and water.

"Umm--" Mr Freeman elongated, but my mom cut him off and said:

"It's my daughter's favourite. She told me it fills her up..."

"Oh, then why not give it a shot?" he said and took a biscuit, dipped it into the water, and ate it. "Wow, that is actually weirdly addicting!"

"Yes..." my mom told, winked at me, and left. I saw Mr Freeman noticing it, and I was ready for the next question, though it came late.

"Um, did she just--"

"Yes, she did. She thinks that you are perfect for this family, frankly, my whole family does."

"Oh, wow... just by one look?"
"Yes. That is what they did with Brandon, but he turned out to be a total pervert!"

"Who is he?"
"Well, there was this guy named Brandon, and he was our family friend who was like around my age. I met him for the first time in high school during my sophomore year, and we knew each other instantly. My parents thought he was the one for me, but it was totally wrong. He changed schools, of course..."

"Ah..."

"Yeah... so any changes I should make to my letter?"

"One thing that can give you a 100 would be to express your anger too..."

"On?"

"Your dad! Who left this family unnoticed?"

"Oooh!" I said and added it on the paper. I gave it to Mr. Freeman. He gave me the thumbs-up, and I was happy.

"So, I think my detention is over?"

"Yes..."

"Um--"

"Are you trying to push me away?"

"Kind of?"

"Wow... and I thought we were friends..."