What is this place?!- Chapter 10

I woke up and noticed that I had a mask on me... a black mask. I was still woozy, so I could only see a blur. I was strapped in leather belts, and I was full-on sleep-mode. I tried to wake up, but someone pushed my head, saying:

"The GA isn't working well? You are a strong young lady, and this is the exact reason why you are one of the chosen."

I tried to speak, but I couldn't. I was in trouble, big trouble... I tried to nudge off, but I couldn't...

"You cannot get out, honey, but wait just here! I will come right back with another dosage..." she psychopathically told me and left. This was my time. I tried to get the belt strap to the other side to remove myself. My dad taught me this once, my surviving skills in the wilderness... Thank the mountain he did! The belt started to loosen, up to the point where I took my hand out. I told my neurons to hurry, and so they did; I loosened all of my straps and took out my stupid mask. I tried to run away, but it turns out that I was still on anaesthesia. I tried to run, and I saw a syringe and NIH. That fluid makes you fully awake! That's it! I took out a nearby syringe and sucked in about 5 millilitres. I poked it into my skin, and weirdly felt no pain (probably due to my numbness). I stood for two minutes and saw that woman returning. Shit...

"What are you doing away?!" she asked me and tried to catch me.

I grabbed the syringe I used and threatened her. She backed off and tried to call security with her walkie-talkie. I said:

"If you call them, you get this on your neck. And trust me, I know how to do this..." Of course, I was lying to myself when I injected it and at this moment, but it needs to be done.

"Calm down, look you are our greater part of the future..."

"I cannot be a part of stupidity!" she tried to catch me, but I slyly escaped. I ran like I never did, and started to feel like me again. Thank god I injected the NIH right and knew about GA from my amazing science teacher, Mr Balloney.

After a few times, I realized I was circling around and around. Now I have to test out rooms. I went to the first room I could find, and saw some kind of attic. Next! I went to another stupid room. After my 5th room, I saw another child... Not anyone, Owen!!! Oh my god! He had a big machine under his head, and it was something related to that book. I knew it had to be out. I looked at some kind of Osborne 1 series. It was collecting his brain? Impulses? Either way, I knew he had to be out. I went to that computer and clicked delete. Thank god it worked because the next moment, he was awake.

"Owen!"

"Michelle? Where am I?"
"Long time to explain, now come on!" I said and pulled him. I knew he was woozy, but no time. I picked him up but nearly collapsed myself. I had to do something. I heard the woman coming sneakily I quickly thought what I had to do. I heard the woman creep up behind me so I quickly ran away with him. We tried to get out of the asylum, but the guards blocked us.

"Let me go!!!" I screamed, but they didn't. I bit one of the guards and yanked Owen. Finally! The exit!!! I ran out of the exit and realized it was some kind of factory. Not any factory, our very own 'Sweetum' factory! Good thing is that I'm not far away. Bad thing is that many kids are still there...

Finally, I reached my house and locked all the doors, with Owen in it.

"What the hell?!" Owen said.

"Look, Owen. They are trying to take our impulses and recreate AI... only the smart brains because the AI needs to be 'smart'. I know it is cynical, but we have to save others..."

"Wait, so I was one of them?"

"Yeah..."

"Um..."

"You take rest at my house, and nowhere else! I will go and save them..."

"I wanna come with you!" he replied resolutely

"They already got your impulses or whatever, you will be too risky..."

"But--"

"Look, I appreciate your diligence, but please... if I get into trouble, can you talk to Andrew for me?"

"Yes..." he said sulkily. I thanked him, and left the house... he hushed: stay safe. I nodded, and smiled... Now, all I have to do it get caught. Repeat, and kill their factory... I am going to wing it...