Bye Bye, old life- Epilogue

DAY 167

I was now living with D... it wasn't the house I knew; it was this dusty old cabin! One bedroom, one old kitchen, and one roof in the middle of the forest...

"Andrew honey! Where are you?" I shouted silently.

"Right behind you!" he scared me. I kissed his cheek and went to the dusty kitchen. I saw only 4 more canned beans... great.

"D! We need more canned food! This time, buy a variety of beans, please!"

"Alright!" he said and quickly back-hugged me. I smiled, but it suddenly turned dark.

"How did this even happen? How could I not think that they will be this far ahead?! Was that factory all a joke?" I ached,

"All I know is this, and I repeat it: that factory was true, but it just turns out that they have been doing this project for years! They were creating military bots for ages!!! Come on, only after the mayor (he doesn't like using the word 'dad') woke up from his coma-like 6 months later after your incident, he told us with a burst of cynical laughter: 'You're too late!' Basically, before even you knew they had bots, baby! You know how we found out that all the citizens you saw were miraculously robots, even though they seemed like they weren't. Even your dad was, as soon as you were born... Only a single parent and a single child were left for later, to create that realistic image. They had more organizations... not just a factory... organizations out of our country itself... My dad was just a small part of it... So psychopathically structured they were... You stopped one small one... Side-by-side, everyone became killing machines, and realistic... until they devoured the world..." he consoled me... I sighed and looked at him

"Then why leave us?"

"I still don't know, but in fact, we at least saved some of your friends and their family, so at least give your husband a little smile!"

"Yeah yeah..." I laughed and gave him a huge smile... "As soon as that pesky robot called me that word, I called all my friends and came in the middle of the forest."

"See, now you're bragging!"

"Oh shut up and buy beans, old man!" I joked. We both laughed, and soon enough, he put his show, walked like a robot, and went away from our little organization. I do have bragging rights though: As a team, we built houses, or Andrew did, and we built shops especially for food. We also have electricity from our maimed robots, and turns out one robot is enough for 5 houses for a year! We steal food from the local shop as the robots just leave it alone, I really do not know why, though...

"I'm back! And I brought a lot of deserts today!!!" Andrew squealed. I clapped and took it for cooking. We sat at the dinner table quietly and ate slowly while holding hands. I went outside and waved straight at Owen and his wife, Amberly. I turned to my right to see Brandon (one of the private school kids) with his set of twins thanks to Savannah... I went to my tiny backyard to see Lucy waiting for Henry (another private school kid). I finally looked around to see 5 of identical houses, except for ours (Andrew built our house extra big for silly reasons). I saw a tiny shop next to Lucy's house and saw a huge fence surrounding us. Apart from that, only dense trees.

"Baby?" Andrew cooed

"Yeah?" I said, giving him a bear hug

"I love you infinity..."

"Oh my... but I only love you with all my heart! Is that bad?"

We started laughing and hugged a bit tighter.

For now, I don't know what the future holds; I like where I am standing right now. I don't care if robots take over the world, I just care about these people, and my Andrew, feel safe and be safe. I will protect the last of humanity, no matter what, because this is my destiny, my key ingredient.