What is wrong with all my friends?!- Chapter 8

Monday arrived, and it was boring as usual, except for the fact that there are one of those robots in front of our school...

"Hear ye, Hear ye!" the megaphone stated, which was handled by a random idiot. "These bots have been installed in your area to run test on them. They will be there for one week... please ignore them!" We all went inside, ignoring that person, and went to my classes. I and Owen, of course, had to split up after the 1st period, until lunch.

At lunch, it was just me and Owen.

"Hey, where are your friends?" Owen asked

"I don't know, but look around: don't you think that the school strength is lower? Especially in that table," I said, pointing to the 4th aisle, where only one boy was sitting... "Usually, that boy has his own geek gang, who are very well educated; they are from private school!"

"Now that is weird..."

"So weird that it makes me curious..."

"What are you thinking?" Owen asks as if it is a bad thing

"Nothing, nothing related to you anyways, don't worry..."

"Alright, but do not move your pawn, Michelle... that is the most dangerous step you can take in chess..." He implied. I rolled my eyes and started eating...

The next day, I waited for Owen, but he wasn't there to pick me up! I went to school to see if he was in my first period, but no!!! What the hell is happening to my gals and guys? As soon as Tuesday ended, I went to the principal's office.

"Um, can I meet Mr Freeman?"
"Why would you be asking?"

"Um, this is regarding my grades..." I lied just to meet my boyfriend.

"What is your name?"

"Michelle, Michelle Mason..."

"Oh, OH! You're his girlfriend!"

"Um, what?! Who told you--"

"We gossiped all day about you dear, but don't worry we will keep it safe and sound... You know, even though I was in love with my principal, but he never looked at me--"

I break that awful story and asked her if I could go or not. She nodded and finally let me in.

"Hey D... did you gossip about us to your receptionist?"

"Um..."

"Why in the world do you think that would be a good idea! The whole point of our relationship was to keep it a secret! What would the students think about me?"
"Hey, don't worry Mimi... you will be alright..."

"You know what, there is no point in arguing, sometimes you just have to be a baby..." I huffed and continued, "See, all my friends and the geek squad are missing..."

"Um, who?"
"The people who transferred from the private school, and my friends! Owen, Savannah, Lucia, Amberly!"

"Oh, those good grades people..."

Then it struck me:

Wait, all the people with good grades are the one who is mysteriously gone... why though?

"Mimi, anything wrong?"
"Um, nothing..." I said because I didn't want him knowing; I am scared he will tell his mayor. "Come on, let's go..." I said and pulled his hands.

"Hey, Mimi, don't call Owen your friend..." Andrew said. I laughed and pulled him to the car. He dropped me at my house; I kissed his rosy lips and his blond hair. I waved goodbye and went to my house. My curious, black-haired parental unit stopped me and asked me how my first day of secret romance. I squealed and told her it went well, and how he acted like a child and gossiped about us. I calmed her down soon, and myself for the matter, and went to my room. When I went in, all I could think of is my amazing friends. Where are they? Why is everyone disappearing? Is there like a mass assassin who likes to eat children? I have to figure it out! Probably it's simple, or not... either way, I became curious, which means I have to get to it!