Mr Dean, Chapter 2

I groaned and went to my first period, which is of course English.

"Hello, Class! I hope you did that essay I told you to do!"

"Yes, sir!" I say alone, and I saw darting eyes at me, and I realized no one did it. Ashamed of myself, I sit back quietly.

"It's alright, I also did it..."
I sighed with relief and turns out, we were the only two kids who turned it in!

"Extra 10 credits for you! You don't even have to worry about your grade going below 90 for this quarter!" Mr Dean said with glee, and we both grunted "YES" as loud as possible!"

As the bell rang, we were given a 10-page worksheet on the past few years of English, basically review. We all thanked him and went to our next classes, though the rest of my classes before lunch, including music theory, orchestra, AP chemistry, was a blur. Soon lunch arrived and I sat along with my few friends. On my first day, Owen didn't sit with me... Probably because he was lost. Today, though, I spotted him and called him over.

"Oh, here I come!" he said and sat with the girls.

"Ooh, I love your curly hair! It is so in fashion now! And your colourful bracelet, it is to die for!!! Isn't it girls?" Lucy, my friend for 10 years, asked.

"Of course, little miss hippie head!" my other two friends and I replied in unison.

"Hi, my name is Owen... I just moved here from California... fun fact, I own a Chevy Model A! Green!" he cried and we all replied with an ooh.

"Hi, I'm Amberly. They call me the hippie head because of my blue sleeveless and green skirt. Every day, I wear these kinds of dress, and apparently it makes me look like a hippie. But other than that, I'm a straight B student!"

"Hello, I'm Savannah, from the ranch nearby, you shoulda seen it... if you didn't notice my accent, I'm from Leander, Texas! I am an average student, though..."

"Hi, I'm Lucia, named myself after Lucifer... I like goth fashion, but my parents don't let me wear it..."

"And, you already know me, Michelle... I was born and raised here. Just a harmless redheaded girl..."

"Nice to meet all of you! It is so fun meeting new friends!"

"Yay, we're meant to be hon!" Savannah chipped in.

"Of course!" I replied to her and we all giggled.

With all that talking that was happening, we had forgotten to eat and ended up gulping them whole. We went to our own classes and waited for the day to just be over.

Finally, the last period of the day. But holy moly, it's PE!!! The worst class ever! As I entered, I saw Owen, and I was highly relieved. I sighed and ran to place my bookbag. Then I slowly walked to him and poked his hand.

"Oh! It's you! Hey Michelle!"

"Yea, hey... I just hate this class, do you?"
"No, actually, I like sports! I used to play all the time with my old friends back in California."

"Oh, great..."

"Don't worry, I'll help you."

"Yeah, thanks..." I finished with sarcasm. He smirked at me and turned back to the arriving instructor.

"Hey, Y'all, today, is, of course, a free day again because Mr Lively never gives up on his word!"

"Thank you Mr Lively..." we said in unison. Everyone likes him because he helped me bump to a C! I followed Owen like a tail and saw him do something really stupid: shooting hoops.