Hungry media- Chapter 12

"Michelle, are you alright?" a blurred voice said. When I regained my conscience, I saw sirens wailing beside me. When my vision began to become crystal clear, I saw that I was on an ambulance bed with a mask on; it was the backside of the ambulance. As I looked around, all I saw was the factory was nearby, but destroyed. That bomb thingy worked! Yes! I did it!

"Mimi, Mimi! Oh, thank God!" Andrew cried whilst squeezing my hand. I took off my mask, sat upright and smiled.

"Stop crying, big man..."

"I have never cried for anyone..."

"I know, I know you're very tough," I said with sarcasm... "Take me out of this death bed!" I squealed and got down. I slowly went to the front of the ambulance to see three more. In those, there was that cynical lady trying to nudge out the handcuffs. In the next truck, it was Andrew's dad in handcuffs, but he was still asleep...

"For how many hours was I out?" I asked Andrew.

"Five..."

"Then why isn't your dad--" Andrew cut me and replied:

"I don't have a family. That man is apparently in a coma." I nodded and turned to the third ambulance to see supplies. I sighed and asked Andrew what happened. He replied that the factory blew up because of drastic temperature difference or something, and found that it had mercy on merely 3 people; the rest of the 100 or so died. I gasped slightly and hugged Andrew.

"You did good Mimi... you did good... thank you..." Andrew said.

"Ya... I did... I thought that bomb won't work! But it did... I'm glad that nothing like this will happen never again."

"Let's go home. Someone's waiting for you." I nodded and got in his car.

When I reached home, I saw my parents and friends anxiously waiting for me. When I said hi, they came rushing to me and hugged me.

"We thought you died!" my gals said in unison.

"Don't worry! I'm going nowhere!" I cried and hugged them back. Later, I saw my dad and mom. I hugged them too, and consoled them, kiss them, and hugged them again. Finally, I saw Owen. I ran to hug him.

"Owen, you're alright!"

"Don't worry about me! I should be worrying about you! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"I did good didn't I?" we both laughed and just seconds later, Andrew silently dragged me. I giggled and shoved Andrew.

We ate a big dinner- a medium-rare steak with oozing butter and half-burnt asparagus, along with mint garnish. It was delish!

Then after we ate our delish tea we sat down and shared stories. Suddenly, John proposed an idea that we should go out to the beach.

"John, honey, don't you think your sister needs her rest?"

"Fine mom..." he replied with gruff; we all laughed and soon started with the dishes.

After an hour or so Andrew kissed me goodbye and left home. I went to my room simultaneously. As I was about to sleep, the whole family barged into my crooked room. I sat up saying:

"Hey, what's the matter?"

"Dear, how did you even find out this existed, and how were you brave enough to fight?" my dad asked me.

"Because I'm your girl, dad..." I replied. John and my mum cooed; I laughed. Just seconds later, I reached out my arms to them, and we had a huge group hug.

"Goodnight!!!" they all said with weirdly the same kind of voice. I replied back goodnight and went back to my bed.

Suddenly this thought came to me: why were they saying the 'goodnight' robotically? There is no possible way that they are robots, right? Just to make sure, I went to their room.

"Schoochie bums, why are you up so late? Go back to sleep now!" My mother yelled. Then it hit me:

"My mother never calls me Schoochie bums... she hates that word..."

"Really, well what if your mother changed?"

"WHAT?!"