Change

Am I ever really ready for change, even when I tell myself I am? Change can be something like getting a new backpack for school or changing from high school to college. I tell myself I am prepared over and over, yet when I am faced with this new change it still feels so sudden even if I've known about it for the longest.

I feel like this because of the memories I know that backpack holds, it saw me through an entire year of my life where I met new people, experienced new pains and loss, and it is never easy to let that go. I tell myself change is a good thing because it means new adventures in my life and closer to all my dreams and passions. Then I can't help but think what if these adventures distance me from the people I have grown fond of, the people who helped shaped me into the person I have fallen in love with.

I know that change is a necessary evil that we must all go through, an evil that has its specks of good in between. As much as change scares me it excites me because of the adrenaline rush that comes with it and gives me a high like no other.

Change is what made me the person I am today, but I can never stop the feeling of being the new kid at the big new school and feeling as if the rug was pulled from under me and I am struggling to get back up on my feet.

I have learned to be appreciative of change because it what has kept me humble and what has taught me to cherish the present because you never know when the narrative will change and the script will flip on you. The change will always be lurking around the corner, and as much as I know about it, it still seems to catch me by surprise.

As much as I go back and forth with my feelings of change, I welcome it with open arms because I ultimately know it is inevitable.