Truly Broken?

There are many people, mainly teenagers, who feel as though they are broken because of past relationships and the way they were treated. People who believe they are broken are often traumatized from their previous relationships because they either trusted too much and were screwed over, or gave there all only to have their partner give it to someone else.

With that comes trust issues and the inability to give 100% to someone, however, I refuse to believe that these people are ever truly broken. The reason being that when something is broken there is usually a way to fix it or mend it, another reason I believe this is that there comes a point in time when you find someone you can trust and give your all too. Meaning this new person has found a way to prove themselves to you so that your guard may be let down.

I do not believe anyone is ever truly broken, I do believe they have been hurt but that they are simply healing until then, and that when you find the right person the healing process starts to finalize.

If a person was truly "broken", I do not think they would in any way come back from it at all. Maybe there are the few that still deal with the effects because it was hard, however, I think they are still able to find ways to let people in even with the hurt and feel that love once more.

Let one thing be known, to be broken does not only happen with a lover, but it can also happen from friendships or even within family relationships. People often think that when someone is broken it is due to having a bad relationship, however before relationships are developed friendships and family relations come first. Those relationships often are what set the tone for our future relationships. This could be a could or a bad thing. Good because it lets you know how you want to or do not want to be treated, while bad because you can accept any type of treatment that may not always be good.

Just know as people we deserve the best and life and not everyone is meant to give you that, some are just lessons of things you do not want nor accept. The best in love relationships, family relationships, and friendships. Never accept less because that is what someone convinced you in the past, or you were constantly given, there will come a time in your life when a genuine person will come and show you the best you deserved.