Chapter 9, The Four Seasons

*Unknown*

Where do I start? Katelyn, I've known her for years. Since we were babies to be exact. We were best friends since our early childhood. We used to do everything together. In summer we went to the beach and got ice cream together.

 Autumn, we would rake leaves and jump into the big piles of yellow, orange, red and brown leaves and they would fly everywhere, winter we would make snowmen in the front yard, wrap our scarves around it and steal my dad's hat. Then we would find a carrot in the kitchen and put it in the ball of ice we made and call it his nose. Spring. Her favorite season. We would go strawberry picking in the huge fields and we would play hide and seek. She never found out that I was madly in love with her. Her beautiful eyes, her hair, her everything. Our teen years came and she met him. 

Elijah. Fucking Elijah. Fucking stupid perfect amazing Elijah. When he came along she started ditching me to hang out with him. Everything was always about him. Then they got together at 14. Fucking 14 years old. She was meant to be mine. Not his. Soon everything became him. Everything was about him. And I just got removed from her life, like everything we had didn't mean anything. But it meant something. To me. It mattered to me. It's like she didn't even care about what we had, whenever fucking Elijah was around he was the number one priority, I was just left there. Alone. 

They did everything together, I watched them, I had always watched them, I watched Katelyn get dressed in the morning,  I watched them cook together, laugh together, cuddle together. It made me sick. My favorite part about seeing them together was when they fought. This one time they had a massive fight and I was watching through the window of my car spectating them and their every move. It made me happy. So happy. I've been living in her parent's mansion for about a year. I figured I'd live here if nobody comes here anymore. Most of the time I walk around everywhere because there's nobody for fucking miles. So why the hell not.

Katelyn's POV

"Elijah? I whisper.

 "Yes baby." says an unfamiliar voice.

 " Lij? are you sure that's you?" I ask not recognizing the voice.

"Yeah of course who else?" He asks beginning to kiss me.

 "Well you know you turned the lights off and everything so I'm just unsure." I reply. 

"It's fine darling." He replies sounding a little aggravated. 

"Okay just making sure you know me!" I say a little awkwardly. Elijah never calls me darling. We aren't like that. I'm worried this isn't Elijah.

 "Hey... I'm just really tired and wanna relax." I say trying to get him to leave me alone. 

"Oh come on sweet cheeks let's have a little fun!" He says making me nervous. 

"You know Lij, It's getting late and I'm starving I'm gonna go cook up some pizza and I'll bring it back. Ok?" I ask him. starting to push him away and swim to the stairs of the spa. I get out and wrap my towel around me. Then I open the door and shut it behind me. I quickly lock the door of the spa room and head inside, I pass the kitchen and look around for Elijah. I head up into our room and see him. 

"OMG ELIJAH!" I whisper as I run over to him on the bed and knock him over. 

"Woahh hey there, are you ok?"

*Unknown's POV*

I've felt her for the first time in years. I got to kiss her, touch her, and speak with her. It's been too long. She's gone to make pizza hopefully she won't take very long. I miss her already.