Chapter 14 - Nervousness

Serena felt Sebastian still stay as stiff as a board and looked into his astonished, wide-open devil's eyes. But though he looked like a scared deer and that did not add to Serena's amusement, she still had to admit that this kiss caused a certain satisfaction in her. His lips felt soft and tender and she never thought that such a kiss would make her heart beat so wildly.

Then suddenly there was a change in Sebastian. She felt his body slowly relax and he leaned a little more towards her. What had previously felt like pure surprise and incomprehension, was now something more and more to enjoy.

Serena could not help but close her eyes with relish. She never thought that it would be such a nice feeling for her to feel Sebastian's lips on hers. Gently she was enveloped by his seductive and pleasant fragrance and it was brief for her, as if everything else around her did not exist anymore. There were no houses, no roads, no people.

Carefully, Sebastian put an arm around her waist and pulled her a little closer to him so that their bodies were pressed together. Serena had little opportunity to think about what change was going on in Sebastian, because even this single kiss robbed her of any ability to think.

She had no sense of how long that kiss had lasted, but at some point she caught up with reality again and very carefully, but reluctantly she broke her lips from those of Sebastian. A slight blush shot into her face as she opened her eyes and looked into her butler's face, just inches from hers.

For a brief moment, the two just looked at each other and Serena could not really interpret the look in his eyes. He looked directly at her, but in the way he looked at her there was something she could not understand. Of course, she had not expected him to worship her with a transfigured and tender look, but he almost looked as if he was busy with something.

But something else shot through Serena's head: What exactly had she just done? She had actually kissed her butler. Although she had done so to maintain her camouflage, the feeling that the kiss had triggered in her had changed everything. She could no longer deny that she actually seemed to feel something for Sebastian. But was that even possible? Could she have such feelings? Nor did she know how Sebastian would react. She had experienced his change, from perplexed and reluctant to approving and enjoying, she had felt that this kiss had apparently not disgusted him. But what should she say? Somehow, Serena had imagined it all a little easier. Otherwise, she was not a person who knew a great sense of shame, especially not to Sebastian. And yet she stood in front of him with blushed cheeks and did not know exactly what to say.

His gaze continued to rest directly on her as they stood frozen but still close together, his arm still wrapped around Serena's hip and her hand on the back of his neck.

"I think your distraction worked well.", he finally said, ending the awkward silence.

"What?", Serena asked a little stupidly, because somehow she had expected everything, just not such a statement. Without taking his eyes off her, he nodded briefly in the direction in which the two policemen had been standing.

"They are indeed gone.", he answered without even a look. Normally he would have made a sharp comment if Serena behaved that way, but this time he simply ignored that fact.

"Oh ... uh ... good.", she now managed to say and heard herself laugh slightly nervously. Maybe a bit too jerky, she took her hand off his neck and even then Sebastian broke away from her and stepped back carefully. Silently, he continued to look at her, and it was as if those silent glances from him almost drove her insane. Why did not he say anything? Why was he so quiet? All these questions were in her mind, because she was used to the fact that her butler had always known what he had to say in every strange situation. But this time he was completely calm, so how should she handle it? She would have given anything to be able to hear his thoughts now.