Chapter 7

My results were back from the entrance exam.

I stared at the intimidating envelope with the U.A. High logo on it, kind of worried if I actually had a chance of getting through to the school.

'Come on, man-up.' I thought to myself, grabbing the envelope and tearing it open.

A small circular device fell to the desk and a projection flared up, showing the symbol of peace, All Might, with his face up to the camera.

"I am here! In front of a camera!" He said, making me jump back in surprise.

He stood up and looked at a piece of paper. "Izumi (Y/n), you have passed the written exam and gotten a few points from the practical exam." He explained. "Though by a few points you have missed the last place to get into the Hero Course."

I nodded, relieved that I didn't get through but felt a little disappointed at the same time.

"However, you're able to get into the General Studies course, Class 1C!" All Might said, making my head snap up to the screen surprised.

"Wait, what?" I asked the screen, but not getting any response.

"We'll see you in April! Bye, bye!" He said, and the recording snapped off.

I sat in silence, not really believing it, I got through? I mean it was great that I was in a school with a hero course, but what would Kota think? Technically I'm at a hero school, but not in that area. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

I threw the evidence of trying out for a hero school in the bin outside with a sigh but steeled myself.

"Calm down, it's for the best, anyway I still got into the school nevertheless." I told myself firmly before feeling a buzz from my phone.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw it was a text from Shoto.

Without any hesitation I opened messages to see what he wrote.

Message

Shoto: Hey, did you get through to the hero course?
Me: No, I was close tho :/
Shoto: Oh, well at least you tried
Me: Yeah, but its for the best
Shoto: If you say so
Me: Though I did get into the general studies course :D
Shoto: really? That's great :)
Me: Yeah! ^.^
Me: also, sorry about earlier...with my aunt
Shoto: It's fine
Me: she just does that at times...
Shoto: I understand
Me: :)
Shoto: gtg, the bastard wants me to continue training
Me: Oki, bye ^.^

End message

I put my phone away and turned around to see Aunt Shino and Ryuko standing there with curious faces.

"So, how'd it go?" Shino asked.

"I didn't get into the hero course...though I was given the chance to be in their general studies course." I explained.

"That's great!" Ryuko said, jumping and squishing me into a bone-breaking hug.

"Ryu.....I can't....breathe..." I choked out, feeling her loosen her grip.

"Sorry...I'm just proud ^.^" she said.

"How did you literally say an emoticon out loud?" I asked in confusion.

"Don't worry." She said with a grin.

"So, you still want Aizawa to come as your tutor?" Shino asked.
I nodded. "This is just the general studies, I doubt we'd do any hero stuff." I said with a shrug.

"Alright." Shino said.

We fell silent before I spoke up again. "What's Kota going to think of this?"

"I feel like he deserves to know that you're part of a hero school, but not in the course." Shino said as Ryuko excused herself to look for Kota.

"But I'm still training! He'll figure it out sooner or later, he's pretty smart." I said.

"We can say you're just exercising and Aizawa's just a trainer..." She said but looked down.

"Let's just say I got into the hero school for the general studies course." I said, making up my mind.

Shino nodded and we walked inside to look for Kota.

Kota was nowhere to be seen.

As everyone was freaking out and looking for him, the house slowly being torn apart, I suddenly remembered the spot we were at a couple of nights ago, thinking he was there.

I slipped out of the door, grabbing my jacket, without anyone noticing and started walking over to the spot.

"He was in his room, where is he now!?"

"Have you checked the washing machine?"

"Why the fuck would he be in a washing machine!?"

"Watch your motherfucking language!"

"Holy shit! Where did (Y/n) go?!"

I laughed to myself and walked away from the house and up the small rocky outcrop where I guessed Kota would be.

I found him sitting on the edge and staring into the dark forest with a frown.

Now I realised I haven't seen him smile for awhile.

I walked over to him and sat down, not saying anything.

"What are you doing here?" Kota said.
"What?" I asked, looking at him, noticing he had balled his hands into fists.

"I saw the video, you're going to a hero course...even after what happened to mum and dad..." Kota sniffed.

"What? No, I-"

"Do you even care? I just want a normal life after mum and dad abandoned us, no hero work, no heroes or villains, and now you're going ahead with being a hero!" Kota cried angrily.

I went silent, looking away.

"You're just abandoning me just like mum and dad did to us!" Kota yelled.

I froze, is this what he thinks?

"I don't...want you to leave me..." Kota said, falling to his knees and covering his face with his hands. "You're the only one I have left and I don't want you to leave me..."

"Shhhh....." I said, scooping him into a hug. "It's true, I did try out for the hero course, but I didn't get into it..." I said.

"R-really?" Kota sniffed, looking up to me, eyes watering.

"Really, I'm just in their general studies course. I'm not going to be doing anything too bad hopefully." I said.

Kota was silent. "So...you're not becoming a hero?"

"No..." I said, though I knew my actual answer was the opposite, I wanted to be a hero, but now's not the time to tell him that.

"That's nice..." Kota said sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

I grinned. "Come on, Aunt Shino, Ryuko, Tomoko and Yawara have been looking for you and probably have torn the house apart." I joked.

"Yeah..." Kota yawned.

"I'll carry you." I said, picking him up and walking back towards the house, where I found the others hastily trying to clean up.

"Oh good, you found him." Shino said relived. "And he's asleep."

"He's had a long day." I said walking to our room.

I took his shoes off and put him in his bed, covering him with the covers and removing his hat, putting it on the bedside table.

I quickly said goodnight to the others and got ready for bed before flopping down onto my mattress.

I grabbed my phone to see if there were any messages from Shoto.

There weren't but I did see a new one from Mina, asking if I had gotten into the hero course.

We messaged each other for awhile, sending memes and gifs for fun before we both decided to turn in for the night.

I put my phone down and pulled the blanket up, slowly dozing off, not noticing another buzz coming from the phone.

Word count: 1249 words