The killing

Chapter 3 The Killing
Yes! Another chapter! I want to thank all the reviewers for the past reviews, they meant a lot to me. Now to answer Ravvy B's question; Ah..I'm afraid you'll have to read to find it out yourself, whether Marcus is younger or older than Adele. But I can tell you he is definitely not older than her.

Chapter 3: The Killing

When the both of them shook their head in reply, I decided to get some sleep. Dead tired, I could hardly make myself brush my teeth without falling asleep at the basin. I forced myself to stay awake before crumpling on the bed. I was greeted by sleep as soon as my head touches the pillow and memories from fifteen years ago that I've pushed to the farthest corner of my memory came back to me in my dream.

It had been two weeks since I've decided to go back to school. But of course I can't exactly join back normal school since there will be too much forms to fill and questions to answer so I took the night school. It's just a small institution set in a shop lot two blocks away from the place I'm living at. It was founded by some rich business guy who had too much money to spend and no idea how to use it so he donated it to a few tutors to start their own night school institution. Three tutors and a few dozen students younger or older than me make up this little institution, though I have to say that the fees are a pain in the neck.

I didn't even bother making any friends in the institute. Well, not that there was anybody that is willing to talk to me without giving me those kind of look. Many, unfortunately, knew about me. It is a small town and talks travel fast.

Young, unmarried and with two kids doesn't exactly sound right, does it?

So yeah, people dislike me here.

But thankfully Mrs. Simpson, the near seventy old widow next door was kind enough to watch over the babies while I go to classes and my part-time jobs.

One of the three tutors that I feared most was Ruberg Dmitri, the tall muscular garnet-colored eyes and sandy golden brown hair mid-thirties man with a passion for science. He was too good-looking to be a teacher and I could barely believe my ears when he introduced himself to me as my science teacher. He had a lopsided smile and his eyes always glister under the light like real garnets. All the girls drooled over him during his classes and as soon as the classes end, they'll flock over him. But the girls know their limits, Ruberg Dmitri is married.

I have never seen his wife before but from little bits of conversation girls were talking about, I can guess that the wife have got to be one big catch. They said Ruberg and his wife were high school sweet hearts, married for quite awhile; with or without kids I do not know.

So far the only person that is willing to talk to me nicely was Ruberg and it wasn't easy surviving the glares the fans were giving me.

Ruberg was a nice person, he knows about my kids and although he had never met them, he always asks about how they were doing and if I was fine raising them on my own. He would even sometimes help me out with my studies and often offer me a ride home. I normally accept his offers but as soon as the rumors about me dating Ruberg start, I decline his offers completely.

At first, I didn't suspect anything unnatural about Ruberg. He looked normal enough.

Well, except for being a tad too good-looking.

But then I started to notice things.

Like how different he was to being normal.

There are some things that can be easily explained; for example, he never owns anything that is silver. Maybe he hates silver, or maybe he is allergic to silver. Some people are. That's normal.