The date

have to return to my 24/7 studying and no playing days. But I will continue to write chapters and I hope that everyone out there will continue to support me! So yeah, here's another chapter! Happy New year, too!

Chapter 5: The Date

How does it feel like to kill?

Do you feel anything? Or do you feel nothing?

I've killed once, and I felt nothing. Not because I was cruel or cold-blooded, it's because there was somebody that I wanted to protect. Two of my children, merely infants. I will kill and I will not feel anything. If it was killing for fun then I will definitely feel something.

But if kill to protect, then I'll tell you straightforwardly; I feel nothing.

Not even the slightest feel of remorse.

Nothing.

But of course, I can't tell my kids that. They will think I'm cruel, cold-blooded and almost as disgusting as they were themselves. At least they have an excuse for being cruel; it was in their nature to be. But I'm different, I am no monster. I have to have sympathy, hesitations and any other feeling that you have after killing someone, or something. If you don't, then you aren't human.

I guess I am not human, then.

The clock strike six and I'll be late if I don't get going. I have managed to convince Marcus to not come to the house to pick me up for our little 'dinner'. We were to meet at a simple classic chic restaurant at seven. I choose that restaurant because it is the most crowded places packed with humans and the only place where Marcus couldn't turn furry and attack me. Well, the same goes for me anyway.

I usually don't go out with weapon in hand, or hidden for that matter. Just because we're going to some chic restaurant with a good amount of witnesses doesn't meant I should leave any weapon sitting at home while I go out on a dinner date with a werewolf. Anything could happen, and I'll feel safer with at least the Firestar in my Mulberry gold leather shoulder bag.

Hiding weapons isn't easy, especially when their big and bulky. So I've settled with black wide legged trousers and sleeveless chiffon champagne-colored top. The ends of the trousers are wide and loose so it was easy to hide two silver knives in my suede black boots and no one will even notice it. What's even more interesting about these trousers is that it has two slanted side pockets and two concealed back pockets, which I've slipped a small silver pocket knife in.

You may think that I'm being extreme, but hey, the last time a werewolf attacked me was in my home. So there is no way am I taking chances.

I didn't meet any of my kids on the way out; Fragrance is on a date with guess who? Marcus's brother, of course. And Nathaniel should be at his friends place. Fragrance held no interest in guys what-so-ever. She hardly looked at any guy no matter how gorgeous, drool-worthy they are. Who can blame her when she is a goddess herself?

Nathaniel too held no interest in girls. I have yet to see him with any girls. I could guess with my heart on the bet that the both of them are still virgins. Hah, you could say that as a mom I'm worried about their hormones.

I stalked towards the waiting Marcus who was standing there in front of the chic restaurant with the waitress throwing herself all over him. He was standing there looking slightly annoyed at the redhead waitress and looked up towards my direction as I approached.

Marcus was dressed unusually different from normal; black pants, black waist-length jacket and leather boots with straps running all the way up to his knee. What intruded me the most was the pure red crimson silk shirt underneath the opened jacket.