Second date

Sorry I take such a LONG time to update. Yeah, I know, I'm a jackass. Sorry. This is a really SHORT chapter. Done it a LONG time ago but couldn't update due to my stupid COMPUTER who suddenly decided to NOT FUNCTION. Since there is a demand for a Dominic's POV, I've decided to do one chapter of Dominic's POV. The chapter won't be up so soon tho, but I will definitely make time in my VERY busy schedule to put it up, so wait up people! *smiles* I hope you all find this chapter amusing...tell me what you think after that, ok?

Chapter 10: Second Date?

"Fish and chips on table 8 please!"

"Hamburger and fries up!"

"Someone get the phone please? Where is the lamb chop, huh? Come on!"

"Another double cheeseburger and two cokes on table 10. Someone please slap Adele back to her senses? She's in the way!"

Thomas Harrison, owner of The Bar, nearly had to throw the serving tray at me to knock me out of my reverie. I gave him an apologetic look before running off to the back of the restaurant to take a five-minute break. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. The weather was chiller than usual and I pulled my jacket closer to my body, hoping it would give me some warmth. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, sighing as I do so.

"Julian will die."

"What are you going to do, Adele?" I muttered to myself.

"What are you going to do what?"

I nearly jumped out of my own skin, who would have thought that someone other than the workers in The Bar would come to the back. I glared at the speaker before taking a few steps back, putting me closer to the entrance.

"What do you want, Marcus?" I hissed through gritted teeth. If it is revenge he wants, I'm not in the mood for it. He can kill me if he wants to right now.

He held both of his hands up in the air, "Whoa, chill. I'm not here to fight."

"Then what?" I asked, unsure whether I should be talking to Marcus at all.

"I just wanted to —" Marcus paused, his green eyes staring intensely into mine before looking away, "—eat dinner."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "There are tons of food outlets out there that you could go, why The Bar?"

I just don't trust him, ok?

"Really, do I need an excuse? I can come here anytime I want, right? This is after all one of the most popular place to eat." Marcus frowned at me.

Ah. He got a point.

"Whatever," I waved my hand at him before entering The Bar. I picked the tray with the orders from table 9 and did the serving just in time to see Marcus entering with his younger brother by his side and sat themselves at the table closest to the entrance. I raised an eyebrow at him; I thought he came alone.

"Get the order on table 5 would you, Adele?" Thomas said from behind the cashier and I waved my hand at him indicating that I understand. I nodded politely at the few patrons on the way to booth 5. Ever since Ginger's death was made public in the news, everyone that came to The Bar long enough to know her will state how much they love her humorous chatter. I have to admit that I kind of miss her too. It has been harder to keep the patron's patience once Ginger was no longer here.

I stopped right in front of the booth and put on my brightest smile while pulling out my order sheet pad. "Can I take your orders please?"

As they went on discussing what they want to order, I took the chance to look closely at the customers. All of them were men, probably in their late forties with a good big beer belly. One of them was even puffing on a cigar. The one closest on the outside kept giving me a cheesy grin and to be polite, I smiled back.