And The Past Comes Back To Haunt You

Jenna POV

And there she was standing right in front of me. It was as if a ghost was here to haunt me, a beautiful, radiant ghost. Those feelings of want and desire were picking at the back of my mind, the feelings she always brought, Ryan. She was standing tall, as she always did. She had on some tight jeans that hugged her hips and one of the first shirts we ever released as Tonight Alive. She looked incredible, beautiful, confident, typical Ryan.

"How are you, Jen?" her question caught me off guard.

How did she think I would be? Did she think I was going to be miserable without her? She was the reason I had my guard up all the time, I haven't seen her since we dated. What is she doing here? I tried to stand up, but I forgot Tay was on my lap. How she must feel seeing Ryan here. But yet, I didn't care. My mind was wrapped around the idea that Ryan was in front of me.

"Ryan Patterson. What the hell are you doing here?" is all I managed to say.

She had this flirty smile plastered on her face. I didn't even realize I had pushed Tay off of me and stood up. That's how distracted I was right now.

"Modeling. (of course) Heard you were going to be in town. Couldn't miss seeing my winter sunrise," she said as she took my hand.

I could feel my cheeks turn pink at the mention of the nickname she gave me when we were still together. It still had the same effect it did back then, all of her did. She makes me nervous, she makes my heart race, she brings me into her, and I pretty much hated it. I heard Tay clear her throat and I really wished she wasn't here right now.

"Oh, this is Tay," I said a whole lot colder than I had ever intended.

"We met earlier," Ryan said, glancing at Tay briefly.

Earlier? They met earlier? Did she not tell me she was here? That's why she asked me what Ryan looked like. How could she not tell me that my fucking ex girlfriend was here? Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now.

"Uh, can I talk to you, Jen?" she asked and pulled me away from everything before I could say anything. This annoyed me even more.

"What is it?" I snapped at her. My annoyance was really shining through my tone.

"I don't feel comfortable with her here," she said. No shit, now how the fuck do you think I feel? This caused me a desire to annoy her.

"Why not?" I asked as I copied her angry stance.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because she's your beautiful ex girlfriend you were in love with, and who's sudden reappearance is making you get all pissy with me," she snapped, obviously hurt and annoyed at how cold my responses were.

I could see the worry crease her forehead, but I also saw the anger rising in her eyes.

"Tay-"

"Whatever, do what you fucking want. Just think about it. No, you know what? Don't think about it, just do whatever the fuck you want," she cut me off and stormed off.

I pissed her off, I really pissed her off. She needs to cool down before I talk to her about it. I let out a sigh and walked back over to my spot next to Whakaio where Ryan was busy talking with Matt. Whakaio slipped a paper to me.

What the hell are you doing? was written on it in his careful writing.

Nothing. I just, we just never got closure and I think we need it. I wrote back to him in my fastest writing.

Well get it, fast. Tay is losing her mind over this. If looks could kill, Ryan would drop dead. Plus, I don't like her here, I know what she does to you, and what she's done to you. He wrote back. I just nodded at him and he crumpled up the paper, throwing it in the waste bin under the table.