Chapter 10

"Mel, I don't think– actually, I know that it's not safe for you to walk home, so please come to my house. I don't want to see my best friend die!"

I couldn't help but mentally aww. "G̸͟͞o̸͟͞ a̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞a̸͟͞d̸͟͞ M̸͟͞e̸͟͞l̸͟͞, i̸͟͞t̸͟͞ w̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞l̸͟͞d̸͟͞ b̸͟͞e̸͟͞ s̸͟͞a̸͟͞f̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞ f̸͟͞o̸͟͞r̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ t̸͟͞o̸͟͞ s̸͟͞t̸͟͞a̸͟͞y̸͟͞ a̸͟͞t̸͟͞ h̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞ h̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞s̸͟͞e̸͟͞, i̸͟͞n̸͟͞ f̸͟͞a̸͟͞c̸͟͞t̸͟͞ s̸͟͞t̸͟͞a̸͟͞y̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞ f̸͟͞o̸͟͞r̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ n̸͟͞e̸͟͞x̸͟͞t̸͟͞ w̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞k̸͟͞. A̸͟͞n̸͟͞d̸͟͞ d̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ w̸͟͞o̸͟͞r̸͟͞r̸͟͞y̸͟͞, I̸͟͞'l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ l̸͟͞e̸͟͞a̸͟͞v̸͟͞e̸͟͞ a̸͟͞ n̸͟͞o̸͟͞t̸͟͞e̸͟͞ s̸͟͞o̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞a̸͟͞t̸͟͞ J̸͟͞o̸͟͞h̸͟͞n̸͟͞ k̸͟͞n̸͟͞o̸͟͞w̸͟͞s̸͟͞ a̸͟͞n̸͟͞d̸͟͞ d̸͟͞o̸͟͞e̸͟͞s̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ k̸͟͞i̸͟͞l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ w̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞n̸͟͞ y̸͟͞o̸͟͞u̸͟͞ g̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞ b̸͟͞a̸͟͞c̸͟͞k̸͟͞." His solemn voice cheered to his usual playful tone as he said the last part. I nearly jumped out of my skin as Shadow spoke in my ear. Jesus Christ! I completely forgot you were here. Wait... did you kill anybody?

"D̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ w̸͟͞o̸͟͞r̸͟͞r̸͟͞y̸͟͞ M̸͟͞e̸͟͞l̸͟͞, I̸͟͞ d̸͟͞i̸͟͞d̸͟͞n̸͟͞'t̸͟͞ k̸͟͞i̸͟͞l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ a̸͟͞n̸͟͞y̸͟͞o̸͟͞n̸͟͞e̸͟͞ y̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞. A̸͟͞f̸͟͞t̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞ a̸͟͞l̸͟͞l̸͟͞ I̸͟͞'v̸͟͞e̸͟͞ b̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞n̸͟͞ h̸͟͞e̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞h̸͟͞e̸͟͞ w̸͟͞h̸͟͞o̸͟͞l̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸͟͞i̸͟͞m̸͟͞e̸͟͞!" Chuckling to himself, I glanced suspiciously at him.

Ignoring Shadow, I put my focus on Emilia's pleading eyes. I bit my lip, pretending to think for a few seconds before answering,"I guess I could stay at your house. Hey how about I stay for the whole week! Wouldn't it be safer that way too? You know in case the killer is still there."

Emilia's eyes lit up and she practically screamed,"OH MY GOD! Do you know how relieved I am! I thought for sure you would decline! And of course you can stay at my house! Just let me text my mom first! Oh and you should send your dad an email!" Emilia took her phone out and started texting. Almost immediately, she got a text.

I didn't think her eyes could light up any more, but boooy was I wrong. "Mom sad you could stay for however long you wanted! Just email your dad and tell him and yada yada." She squealed in delight, almost forgetting that a murderer *cough* Shadow *cough* killed a teen at our school. David looked at his sister as if she was a lost cause.

She hooked her arm with my arm and David's arm and started dragging us to her home. I smiled, not realizing the sinister smile Shadow had across his face as he trailed behind us.

~~~~

We arrived at the King's house. My jaw fell to the ground. My god is their house huge, and I mean huge! It was smaller than a mansion but still bigger than the average house. A nice white house with three stories, not including the attic.

"I didn't think you were that rich! Holy fuck! Let me stay here forever!" I said.

Emilia giggled, but David still had a serious look on his face. "Come on, let's get in before anything bad happens." David said as he dragged both of us into the house. He burst into the door, dragging us in.

"Hi Mrs. King! I'm Melody Fisher, Emilia's best friend. I'm the one that's going to be staying here." I introduced.

Mrs. King sat in the living room, reading a book. I could see where Emilia got her looks. Mrs. King had long luscious, wavy red hair. She has clear skin and absolutely no wrinkles. She was also slender. She wore a black and white dress.

"Oh hello there sweethearts, and hello Melody. And please call me Nicole, I sound old when you call me Mrs. Did you tell your father that you would be staying with me yet?" She greeted.

I nodded my head, knowing that Shadow already left a note. "Okay mom, I'm going to take Melody to my room, she's probably tired from the long walk here. See you at dinner!" Emilia quickly shouted as she dragged me upstairs to her room.